Motor City Sonics

Cabrera extended to 2022?

Sorry. Hadn't seen it in the other thread. I think this deserves it's own, but I am sure others will disagree.

Woe is me

Sorry. Hadn't seen it in the other thread. I think this deserves it's own, but I am sure others will disagree.

It's a lie. Cabby actually retired from ball four years ago. The Man is just making you think he's still playing about about to sign a big extension.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 1m

This ends well. “@jcrasnick: Miguel Cabrera's new deal with #tigers will be for 10 years and just under $300M, says a baseball source.”

Lock the thread. Thread title inaccurate and includes too many question marks.

Just saying 2022 and 2024 is kind of freaking me out. Won't the Tigers be signing Replicants by then? I know they'll only last four years, but if they sign the right ones.....

Unless the Terminator people get to us first.

I would've started a thread about it but I was busy reading my other thread about new grass.

Hey, Max...that finger DD is waving at you is not telling you that you're number one.

I think this should be discussed in the Lombardozzi trade thread.

It could be. I mean with the money spent on this, there was no way they could ever keep Lombardozzi. I get the trade now.

Based on tweets about the contract thus far, it appears that Cabrera will still have the $22M/year payout for 2014 & 2015. The new money is eight years at $31M/year. How it is loaded is anyone's guess.

Makes you wonder what Trout is gonna get in about 4 years. He's going to be the first player to break $50 million in a season.

Trout will be locked up well before Free Agency and will probably be in them mid-30's per year

Any chance this contract is heavily front loaded? I sure hope so cause those last 4 years or so are gonna be devastating

Wow. This contract is going to be so ugly in five years.

False. Cabrera will probably be able to hit into his 50s. While I hate the DH, I am sure before he is unable to take the field defensively at all, the DH will be used universally.

Will 30 million a season be that much in 7 or 8 years? Either way, it would be a shame if Cabrera becomes hated here when his skills decline and his pay stays the same.

I love it. He's worth it for the next few years, and if we get a championship out of it I won't mind the last few years of the deal. He'll be breaking some records those last few years I believe as well. Glad to have that in Detroit.

Edited by DubTownTigersFan