thefunk

3.28.14 MICHIGAN v. TENNESSEE

Good lord. That was almost one of the biggest meltdowns I've ever seen.

Please, somehow in the next 48 hours, work on ball handling and in-bounds plays.

Beilein never ceases to amaze me at how kind he is. Where I would rip into all the negatives, he only ever talks about the positives. Makes you feel good.

I have this great inbounds play from Jr. high where one dude gets on all fours in the corner and barks like a dog. Anyone have JB's number?

I really don't have the nerves to watch them play in the tournament, so I held off until I thought I could just turn it on and watch them coast out -- NOT.

I wonder how much they miss McGary on those inbounds. Letting the big man make the inbounds is sometimes a better strategy but I doubt Morgan handles the ball well enough.

Why would last year have anything to do with it? This is an entirely different team.

Because I remember how great it was to make it that far, and playing a sweet 16 game pales in comparison.

A win, and who gives a ****. You don't raise banners for making the elite eight (unless you are Bo Ryan).

A loss, and whatever, you'd still need three wins in games that were toss ups at best, so you probably weren't going to win it all anyway.

Edited by Shelton

Well, hit our free throws and it's over.

Haha! At that point, what would you have wagered that there would only be one more FT made by M in this game?

Just got a chance to watch the replay. How annoying was Greg Anthony at the end there? On the controversal out-of-bounds review "that's a tough angle for the ref. It makes it really look it went off the Vol". On Morgan's charge, "that's a tough angle for the ref because it really looked like he lowered his shoulder into Morgan." No *******, those are great angles because the refs could actually see what happened. At least they got one call right...

Haha! At that point, what would you have wagered that there would only be one more FT made by M in this game?

Weird, weird end. Really un characteristic of Michigan to have 4 turnovers TOTAL let alone 4 turnovers in the last 56 second. I mean what on earth?

Morgan played well for his standards, and of course has the 'game winning' charge.

Whoof.

I've been really impressed with how Morgan has stepped up with McGary out, especially in the tournament. I don't know that I would go so far as to say that they're better off without McGary, like Greg Anthony said, but I do agree with what I think his point was - that it has allowed others to develop more quickly.

I'd love to see this team get up by 16 points against somebody and just step on their throat. Syracuse and Louisville last year both came back from big deficits, now Wofford and Texas both get back in the game after being way down, and yesterday obviously way too close at the end considering the lead UM got out to.

Is it just a case of good teams usually making a run? Or does this team lack a killer instinct?

I'd love to see this team get up by 16 points against somebody and just step on their throat. Syracuse and Louisville last year both came back from big deficits, now Wofford and Texas both get back in the game after being way down, and yesterday obviously way too close at the end considering the lead UM got out to.

Is it just a case of good teams usually making a run? Or does this team lack a killer instinct?

I think the previous 2 games just had to do with Michigan's style. As many 3s as they take they can get up quickly, but they miss a couple, which is bound to happen, and they can lose part of it quickly as well. This game tho, Tennessee just scored on dang near every possession. And of course they had a bunch of fouls to give which let them go aggressively for steals, and M has always had trouble in-bounding the ball from the baseline.

It's not over but this has been an awesome season. Low expectations, incredible success, best offense in the game, and Jordan Morgan giving every fan something to love. Now prepare to be underdogs the rest of the way.

Because I remember how great it was to make it that far, and playing a sweet 16 game pales in comparison.

A win, and who gives a ****. You don't raise banners for making the elite eight (unless you are Bo Ryan).

A loss, and whatever, you'd still need three wins in games that were toss ups at best, so you probably weren't going to win it all anyway.

I think who gives a crap is a bit dramatic. Every team is different every year, and it's not easy to win 2 games in the tournament, much less 3. It's a great accomplishment frankly. If it wasn't Duke and Syracuse would still be playing.

I guess I just don't understand the "championship or bust" mentality applied to college sports. Sure it's nicer to win, or be in the final four than to lose last night, but this is also a tournament Michigan didn't get to for 11 straight years(although some of that was their own doing.) It is a big deal to be in the sweet sixteen imho.

I think who gives a crap is a bit dramatic. Every team is different every year, and it's not easy to win 2 games in the tournament, much less 3. It's a great accomplishment frankly. If it wasn't Duke and Syracuse would still be playing.

I guess I just don't understand the "championship or bust" mentality applied to college sports. Sure it's nicer to win, or be in the final four than to lose last night, but this is also a tournament Michigan didn't get to for 11 straight years(although some of that was their own doing.) It is a big deal to be in the sweet sixteen imho.

You misunderstood me, or presumed something.

I never said the sweet 16 wasn't a great accomplishment. Or that the elite 8 wouldn't be.

I only said I wasn't excited about the sweet 16 game and gave my reasoning for my personal lack of excitement.

I'm sorry if that bothers you.