ROMAD1

Will the Tigers win any games in 2014? Predict the win totals for 2014

Cleveland and Kansas City each lost one of their two best starters but it's Detroit that has holes and will finish third even though the Tigers have been the class of the AL Central and both Kansas City and Cleveland overachieved last year.

You got the overachieving correct. I am a little suprised by Yoda's prediction, too low for this weak division...

We all know that the Tigers will start the season 36-4 and this show will be "ovah" by June.

I was being serious about 104 wins BTW.

This has been a crappy off-season, so of course they will do better than anybody thought they would.

The team didn't need to have a big offseason. Look at Boston. The whole left side of their infield is rookies. They lost Ellsbury. They're going to rely on guys like Nava to reproduce his career year. They are also banking on Lackey having another strong season and the aging Peavy. All teams have question marks.

I am glad I checked before I started one. I know I was late (been crazy busy)...I am glad someone started one.

I am going with 89 wins.

So many X factors. If Ausmus is somehow brillianter than Leyland...

No offense to the poster. Does Cleveland win 91 games? I look at their lineup and I wonder how they did so well last year. Classic case of overachievment and a good manager. They are a .500 team at best in my opinion.

No offense taken. Horse racing and sports blogs are made by differences in opinion.

70 wins, max..

How is Max Scherzer going to get to 70 wins??? That's a bold prediction if ever there was one...

EDIT: dangit shelton...

I keep reading things that say the Tigers are still AL favorites despite their changes, but I'm just not feeling it. There are so many question marks. My guess is 84 wins and missing the playoffs. I hope they surpass my expectations.

I keep reading things that say the Tigers are still AL favorites despite their changes, but I'm just not feeling it. There are so many question marks. My guess is 84 wins and missing the playoffs. I hope they surpass my expectations.

DD will make sure they do. bookit.

I think this bullpen will have a good year. I'm having to restrain myself from predicting more than 104.

/BBL, I'm almost out of crack.