Deleterious

2014 NBA Draft

This guy ranks the top 9 prospects.

2014 NBA Draft: Nate Duncan’s Big Board | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

This is strictly based on how good he feels each player will end up being. Nothing based on team needs or anything like that. He has Wiggins #5 and Exum #2 with Parker #1.

I still don't see how you can rank Exum good or bad with how little we have been able to see him play.

I agree with him on Parker being the best and Wiggins being 3-5. No handles means and not a post scorer means you are a role player on offense. Wiggins will be a great 3 & D guy, he can take that role to new heights, but it's still a role I don't touch #1.

Most of the article runs contrary to what you read with the canned mock guys who get used to spread crazy untruths by team "sources", but most of it makes sense to me even where I tend to disagree. He has Vonleh 9 (I like him top 5) but it makes sense. He has Nurkic 9, is real high on Smart (analytics love him) and I have come around on him based on his potential to live in the lane.

Fun read.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

Dougie McBuckets.

Well, if you are going for great white hope, Stauskus will be better then him. McDermott's a product of his DAD being coach against limited competition, his athleticism won't stand up. Not that I would take either at #8. Draft really falls off, I wish the Pistons could get in on a mid teens or even 20's pick. Some high value potential could be there.

Well, if you are going for great white hope, Stauskus will be better then him. McDermott's a product of his DAD being coach against limited competition, his athleticism won't stand up. Not that I would take either at #8. Draft really falls off, I wish the Pistons could get in on a mid teens or even 20's pick. Some high value potential could be there.

How many games have you watched of McDermott?

So if the Pistons had stuck at #8 who would you guys have taken? Be realistic. Parker and/or Wiggins is not realistic.

Stauskas. I'm biased but I loved watching him play and I would have loved the chance to see him regularly again.

I'm feeling real sad feels that I only had him on "my" team for two seasons.

Pistons need a shooter. He can fill it up. Sounds good to me.

Kid is awesome. I really hope he doesn't go to a team that I would tend to dislike.

Not a fan of McDermott or Stauskas. I can't remember the last white player I liked. I'm seriously starting to wonder if I have preconceived notions about white players.

Like I said I can't remember the last white player I liked. But I would bet good money on it that it was a European player.

Which ever top guy slipped: Randle ,Smart, Gordon, Vonleh. One of the top guys would be there at 8, so I wouldn't even think about the next tiered guys like McDermott and Stauskas.

Not a fan of McDermott or Stauskas. I can't remember the last white player I liked. I'm seriously starting to wonder if I have preconceived notions about white players.

Like I said I can't remember the last white player I liked. But I would bet good money on it that it was a European player.

Nothing wrong with that, everyone feels that way even if they don't put it in blatent terms. White guys on average have shorter arms, are slower of foot and have stupid haircuts. It's just the way it is. If you ain't Rex Chapman, I ain't drafting ya.

Jonas V was probably the last white draft prospect it was OK to like as a top 5 guy.

Edit: Oh snap, I forgot that I liked Cody Zeller as a top 5 guy last year. That was dumb.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

Utah just teabagged Trey Burke, they are taking his replacement at 5, Dante Exum. Aaron Gordon is a decent pick at 4, he is a good player, I think his outside shot can be serviceable too.

Utah wanted Gordon. Draftexpress is saying Exum refused to work out for Utah because of its market and Burke.

Will Exum play SG or replace Burke?