Deleterious

2014 NBA Draft

Not a lot of guys in this league who can drop 26,13 and 4 with 38% from downtown(top 5 in attempts), 50% from 2 and 82% from FT. No, his D isn't great, but neither was Dirk's, Barkley's or Webber's.

But he can't propel his team to one winning record? Not once?

Let's not forget that Love as also been a malcontent and distraction for going on 4 years now. Not sure why the media isn't killing him the same way they did Dwight and Carmelo. Can anyone think of a reason why Love is basically getting a free pass? #subtleracism

Let's not forget that Love as also been a malcontent and distraction for going on 4 years now. Not sure why the media isn't killing him the same way they did Dwight and Carmelo. Can anyone think of a reason why Love is basically getting a free pass? #subtleracism

"Minnesota Nice."

I think he has more capability to develop PG skills and he's a tenacious defender.

I swear I've heard this before . . .

Just watched Stauskas' 2 minute interview with Katz and he didn't blink once. Which means he is either on the Adderall or is a ****ing robot. If he is a robot that would explain why he can shoot 47/50 in a drill.

Is Adderall a banned substance yet in the NBA?

Not a lot of guys in this league who can drop 26,13 and 4 with 38% from downtown(top 5 in attempts), 50% from 2 and 82% from FT. No, his D isn't great, but neither was Dirk's, Barkley's or Webber's.

Barkley, Dirk and Webber each averaged over 1 stl and 1 blk per game in the same year several times. Webber is 54th in all-time defensive win shares, 51st if you don't include ABA stats (but why cheat guys like Artis Gilmore, ya know?). Dirk is 37th and 39th, Barkley is 36th and 38th.

I would take all three of these guys over Love right now on Defense at any point of any of their careers, although the one-legged CWebb that played for the Pistons would be nearly a push.

Barkley, Dirk and Webber each averaged over 1 stl and 1 blk per game in the same year several times. Webber is 54th in all-time defensive win shares, 51st if you don't include ABA stats (but why cheat guys like Artis Gilmore, ya know?). Dirk is 37th and 39th, Barkley is 36th and 38th.

I would take all three of these guys over Love right now on Defense at any point of any of their careers, although the one-legged CWebb that played for the Pistons would be nearly a push.

CWebb was a bad one to include. Love's obviously not great, but he did put up 3.7 DWS this year and his last 3 years are 104,102 and 104. He's definitely nothing special, but he's not Charlie Villanueva either. He's putting up some seriously elite numbers elsewhere too.

I forgot the numbers. But I think Love is the 2nd worst player in the league when it comes to allowed FG's at the rim. And is something like 4th worst in FG% at the rim on defense.

I forgot the numbers. But I think Love is the 2nd worst player in the league when it comes to allowed FG's at the rim. And is something like 4th worst in FG% at the rim on defense.

That's why he and Drummond would compliment each other so well. Love is a tremendous offensive player and a very good rebounder as well. Drummond anchors the paint with his defense, offensive rebounding, and abilities around the rim. Having Love would mean you could have one less three point shooter in the 1-3 because you have it at the 4. Instead, you could have a penetration type, like the old Wade + Shaq formula. The paint wouldn't be so packed due to Love stretching the floor.

If they pick Doug McDermott over Aaron Gordon I will surely snap.

If they take Aaron Gordon over Dough Mcdermott I will surely snap.

That's why he and Drummond would compliment each other so well. Love is a tremendous offensive player and a very good rebounder as well. Drummond anchors the paint with his defense, offensive rebounding, and abilities around the rim. Having Love would mean you could have one less three point shooter in the 1-3 because you have it at the 4. Instead, you could have a penetration type, like the old Wade + Shaq formula. The paint wouldn't be so packed due to Love stretching the floor.

How does Love being a terrible defender and Drummond being an average defender compliment each other?

How does Love being a terrible defender and Drummond being an average defender compliment each other?

If you think Drummond is going to be an average defender forever, then we're building around the wrong guy and we should entertain trades while his name is hot. I'm talking about what the league consensus seems to be for his future, which seems to be somewhere around Dwight Howard's level.

If you think Drummond is going to be an average defender forever, then we're building around the wrong guy and we should entertain trades while his name is hot. I'm talking about what the league consensus seems to be for his future, which seems to be somewhere around Dwight Howard's level.

Even if Drummond turns out to be the best defender in the league, that doesn't mean he compliments Love. Its just a good defender covering for a bad one.

CWebb was a bad one to include. Love's obviously not great, but he did put up 3.7 DWS this year and his last 3 years are 104,102 and 104. He's definitely nothing special, but he's not Charlie Villanueva either. He's putting up some seriously elite numbers elsewhere too.

I often wonder if Terry Mills was roughly-cloned at some point, as CV31's game--and general appearance--is so much the same.

We got to see what a Love/Drummond pairing could look like with a Love/Deng frontline late this year. Deng, although lesser a player than Drummond, put up monster numbers playing with Love--makes one wonder what Drummond's would have looked like. But after you factor in how bad at ball defense our backcourt was last season, it's not like Love would offer much of an improvement in the way of effective help defense over Monroe.

More importantly that hypothetical Love-fests, though, is that SVG will (likely) make a plan to make Drummond the defensive anchor that he could eventually be through roster adjustment and scheming.

I can see SVG eventually wanting a stretch 4 to pair with Drummond, but Drummond really shows his age when it comes to defending the post. We can expect him to improve year-to-year, I think, and maybe even a lot.

I think there needs to be a culture built around Drummond that molds him into a Ewing or Howard-type of defender. Thompson and SVG, respectively, molded these big pieces of human clay into monsters. SVG could certainly do it again with Drummond, but Drummond has a ways to go before he is a championship-caliber defensive anchor.

So who do you like at #38?

Call me a homer, but would love to see either McGary or GRIII slide down there.

I was thinking the same thing as either one could come right in and contribute right away.

No way McGary gets to the 2nd round, kid has real talent, the last ten picks in the first look like (to steal a baseball term) organizational fodder. The 2nd round looks like garbage, just take a euro and stash him hope he becomes something.

Both would actually be nice fits. Mcgary would be nice frontcourt depth who could play with any of our current frontcourt guys and potentially nice value due to his health. GRIII is kind of Wiggins lite with his athleticism and potential to develop as a shooter. I'd gamble on him as a project.

Hairston would be awesome for us too.