Deleterious

2014 NBA Draft

What's the difference between late lottery and top 3 money? The reason I'm asking is because I wonder if somebody like Gary Harris(or anybody around his level prospect wise) would go back next year knowing that if Silver has his way Freshman won't be allowed to enter the draft anyway. So they should be at the top of the class. Would it be worth it for them to do that, and do you think it would?

What's the difference between late lottery and top 3 money? The reason I'm asking is because I wonder if somebody like Gary Harris(or anybody around his level prospect wise) would go back next year knowing that if Silver has his way Freshman won't be allowed to enter the draft anyway. So they should be at the top of the class. Would it be worth it for them to do that, and do you think it would?

First year salary:

#1 - $4.4M

#2 - $3.9M

#3 - $3.5M

#12 - $1.7M

#13 - $1.6M

#14 - $1.5M

Don't you all wish we would have given #8 up last year, KCP probably would be a 2nd rounder this year. I do not believe the Pistons will keep their pick this year, even if they finish 8th, someone will move past them in the lottery.

Speaking of Gary Harris, I really like his game but wonder where he fits into the draft right now. He's a little shorter than what the NBA is looking for at shooting guard right now, but he certainly has plenty of athletic ability to at least partially make up for it and he plays pretty nice ball defense.

Is he a lottery pick?

Don't you all wish we would have given #8 up last year, KCP probably would be a 2nd rounder this year. I do not believe the Pistons will keep their pick this year, even if they finish 8th, someone will move past them in the lottery.

That's why we need to move into that 7th spot so there is some breathing room there. The next two games are huge against Cleveland and Utah.

I think Gary Harris is worthy of a lottery pick. If we do land our pick though, I think most of the talk will be around getting one of the highly rated point guards, Smart or Ennis.

Vonleh is an NBA rebounder with a jump shot that extends to the 3 point line. 7-4 wingspan that covers over his average explosion. He is a guy that could jump into top 5 territory if teams sour on guys like Exum and Embiid. I like him.

If the Piston finish 8th, it is unlikely that someone behind them would hit in the lottery and push them to 9th.

What is the likelihood? I think I saw there was a 20% chance that at least one team from spots 9-14 will get into the top 3. That is higher than I would like.

What is the likelihood? I think I saw there was a 20% chance that at least one team from spots 9-14 will get into the top 3. That is higher than I would like.

At #8 the Pistons have a 16.8% chance of dropping to #9. Dropping to 10 and 11 both have less than a 1% chance.

If the Piston finish 8th, it is unlikely that someone behind them would hit in the lottery and push them to 9th.

Plus, who was the last team to jump to #1 from outside of the top 3? Cleveland...from #8!

Get ready for the #1 pick.

the next 5 games are gonna be what it's all about....if we can pull of a 1-4 it might be enough to get us a draft pick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we are the team that Philly snaps their losing streak to the day after we beat Miami

Sure, but a 20% chance is fair to term unlikely.

The dialogue I hear on talk radio / work / the interwebs suggest it is likely they would lose the pick (probably because fans as a group are risk adverse / think the worst will happen to their team) and that just isn't the case.

Since they changed the lottery in 1990 this is how it has gone down:

#8 has moved up three times. #1 once and #2 twice.

#9 has moved up once. #1

#10 has moved up once. #2

#11 has moved up once. #1

#12 never has.

#13 has moved up once. #3

#14 never has.