hueytaxi

Gun Legislation, Crime and Events

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I haven't read that yet. I have many relatives who live in and near the Twin Cities. There is a good divide among my relatives of the ones who are pro police and the anti police. The anti police ones are the convicted criminals like my one cousin who kidnapped a child and gun point and got caught fleeing in Wisconsin. Funny how someone would be anti police.

Not an area I was particularly familiar with. I used to drive through it on Cedar sometimes. Older mostly single family 3 bdrm sized, wood frame, residential homes, Mom and Pop stores at the corners.

25 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I haven't read that yet. I have many relatives who live in and near the Twin Cities. There is a good divide among my relatives of the ones who are pro police and the anti police. The anti police ones are the convicted criminals like my one cousin who kidnapped a child and gun point and got caught fleeing in Wisconsin. Funny how someone would be anti police.

theyre so scared of being racist that they put the health and welfare of themselves and their children at risk.

white people prostrating themselves and seeking forgiveness from minorities in whatever way makes them feel better.  cant wait until we bring back the flagellants.  white folks whipping themselves in the streets while walking barefoot to martin luther king shrines.  praying before relics like a spoon that stokely carmichael once used.

its all quite weird and fascinating.

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

theyre so scared of being racist that they put the health and welfare of themselves and their children at risk.

white people prostrating themselves and seeking forgiveness from minorities in whatever way makes them feel better.  cant wait until we bring back the flagellants.  white folks whipping themselves in the streets while walking barefoot to martin luther king shrines.  praying before relics like a spoon that stokely carmichael once used.

One thing you can be sure of, the tent city will disappear by winter.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

One thing you can be sure of, the tent city will disappear by winter.

the well meaning whites will bring them into their homes.  nay, they will deed their homes over to them to make up for the sin of whiteness.

then go live in a monastery, paying the monks to chant prayers for robin diangelo to save their white souls for all eternity.

i read too many medieval history books.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

You're seriously going to invoke Detroit when it comes to crime reduction? Detroit has one of the highest violent crime rates in the developed world. Only places like Juarez top it. 

Detroit has already had to deal with "defund the police" already due to the bankruptcy.   Chief Craig has stated it directly affected putting police on the street and that that for the benefit of all, the citizens need to take steps to protect itself.  

For big pro-BLM folks, a well armed (and legal) black community would add a lot of political power.  

53 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Detroit is also an example of the curious phenomena that even in Detroit the city can make the areas it wants to be safe safe.

They obviously have chosen to focus on certain areas, but you have a lot of private/public organization as well.  Rock Financial's security works side by side with the police and goes far above and beyond what the city can do.  Latin gangs have been credited with securing parts of southwest Detroit as well and making it safe for outsiders to come in and spend money in that area.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Yeah.  We need more French and less Medieval

well if its a French solution youre looking for, we can go smoke cigarettes in the cafe and argue about how this is all meaningless.

• Haha 1

I'm in too.  I know all the facial expressions to make when I disapprove of someone who is walking past on the sidewalk.  I'll even smoke a Gauloise with my pastis.

20 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

Is everyone with a gun supposed to not eat mayo or are they all supposed to look like Rambo?

Chicks trigger discipline obviously sucks and the dude is just holding his rifle....other than that it seems to be the narrative that they "look stupid" or are slightly over weight.....or are American...and all Americans are idiots?

"Zeddy" is sooo woke!

It's like when I ran cross country in high school and one rookie showed up wearing corduroys on the first day.  He had every right to run, but you think the rest of the team didn't make fun of him?  

49 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I left my black neighborhood in Detroit and haven't looked back. I don't have any guilt. I don't miss the drive byes, armed robberies, carjackings, burglaries, and petty theft. Problem is, that's moving closer to where I live now so time to cut bait and move while my house still has value.

25 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I'm in too.  I know all the facial expressions to make when I disapprove of someone who is walking past on the sidewalk.  I'll even smoke a Gauloise with my pastis.

happy canada day!

23 minutes ago, Buddha said:

happy canada day!

Thanks!  I'm sitting at home, just like any other day.

32 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Thanks!  I'm sitting at home, just like any other day.

a true canadian hero.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

It's like when I ran cross country in high school and one rookie showed up wearing corduroys on the first day.  He had every right to run, but you think the rest of the team didn't make fun of him?  

2 things that stand out to me, the bolded and as opposed to making fun maybe someone said "dude are you really about to try and run long distance with corduroys on?"  and maybe dude was a jokester? 

Judging people on how they look is why we are all jacked up as humans.  It is the reason behind all the protests and marches etc.  It is not a one way street and accomplishes nothing.

11 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

2 things that stand out to me, the bolded and as opposed to making fun maybe someone said "dude are you really about to try and run long distance with corduroys on?"  and maybe dude was a jokester? 

Judging people on how they look is why we are all jacked up as humans.  It is the reason behind all the protests and marches etc.  It is not a one way street and accomplishes nothing.

He wasn't a jokester.  He was naive and he did the first workout with corduroys.  

If two people with guns look like they are uneducated about guns, then maybe they shouldn't have guns.  The guy even admitted his wife knows nothing about guns.  That is why our gun culture is insane.  

There is an apocryphal tale that when Gordie Howe went to his first pro try-out / evaluation he was ridiculed because he stuffed magazines into his hockey socks for shin pads as he couldn't afford proper gear.

One version has it that was part of the reason the Blackhawks passed on him (oops).

That's just subject matter expertise

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Holy mackerel. If you read that article, you come away with a pretty good picture of a lifetime long despicable couple.  

Yuck.

That is what I would expect from accident injury attorneys.  Those are the kind of assholes I imagine ending up in gated communities.