hueytaxi

Gun Legislation, Crime and Events

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Hey friends.  I'm in favor of increased controls that would cause my fellow shooters brains to melt.  

I also think you need to think in terms of beating the mobsters who have used/stolen this issue, today. 

I've said this before, but I still believe that if we got serious about addressing the underclass problems in the cities, the homicide rate would take care of itself without even having to have a gun control debate. In the US homicide as a public health issue is a poverty and drug issue. Now to address the crazy urban terrorist shooters, we do do need to control designs, maybe ammo, personal arsenal limits(for this high fees after the 1st or 2nd weapon could actually work), number and qualifications of owners. But as horrific as the massacres are, they still represent a tiny fraction of US murder.

I agree strongly with ROMAD that the top priority should be getting rid of Dump and for that I will put aside these differences... For now.   

But I can't resist a good cheap shot, pun totally intended

Wonder how the homeowner felt?  Were they frightened too when someone broke into their home?

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

are you sure different guns laws would have helped:

https://www.wjtv.com/news/local-news/dogs-kill-woman/1697585078

The citizens of Tajikistan have nothing to fear from the Grenada township dogs unless they become smart enough to operate some form of continent to continent travel to get to Tajikistan.   I'm not saying the dogs themselves would fly a jet because that would be crazy.  Then it is likely that the Tajik border authorities will stop them unless Tajikistan lacks a firm border wall...in which case the dogs might be able to borrow a car and take a left at the border. 

I would love for this to stand but it will probably be over turned.

A wall wouldn't have stopped the NZ shooter

I wish I could just retire and go live on my family's land and grow my own food and be left alone..... I can't take this **** anymore.... the violence and the idiots who can't understand how to stop it.

How many people want to bet that Trump will make a tweet about this and confuse Australia and New Zealand as being the same country? 

I remember when Obama was a candidate in 2008 and he made a speech on race.  It was the best speech I'd ever heard from a politician during my lifetime.     

Sarah Palin found a way to diminish it, of course.  She said something to the tune of "Anyone can make flowery speeches, but that doesn't mean they are qualified to be President"

Sarah, like usuaul, was wrong.   Words matter.  Speeches are maybe the most important thing a President actually does.  Speeches can inspire and they can calm.  We have too many examples of that to list here.   Speeches can also incite and we have a person in our country that incites open racism, open anti-immigration, misogyny, hate and fear and we've seen that spark of hate ignite more than ever in the last couple of years.    Words matter.        

26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

How many people want to bet that Trump will make a tweet about this and confuse Australia and New Zealand as being the same country? 

Don't ever make that mistake when talking with an Aussie.... they might beat you up.

"Kiwi eating bastards"..

They hated it when Russell Crowe was referred to as Australian back when he was a big thing.

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Don't ever make that mistake when talking with an Aussie.... they might beat you up.

"Kiwi eating bastards"..

They hated it when Russell Crowe was referred to as Australian back when he was a big thing.

I thought Russell Crowe was Australian too.    I interviewed singer Ben Lee (Australian) and off the air told him I have never met a mean Australian, it must be the pleasant weather.   And I asked him how to explain Russell Crowe's ill temper and he stopped in his tracks and shook his head and said "He's from New Zealand.................and Mel Gibson's from the U.S., he's not our fault either".  

• Haha 1

The thing that floors me is that these assholes were anti-immigrant. 

EUROPEAN WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT NATIVE TO NEW ZEALAND !!!!!!!!!!! 

41 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

That might happen if he wrote his own tweets.

This wouldn't have happened if those Muslims were armed.

No ... wait ... oh, I'm so confused ... 

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That might happen if he wrote his own tweets.

There's always the professional tweet written by someone else and then he gets his Twitter account back and goes off the rails. 

My YouTube feed is also littered with suggestions for offensive political videos even though I don't watch political stuff on the platform.  It's the result of the Google's Big Brother algorithms that track what sites you visit and what you search for.