T&P_Fan

Pistons last 26 games...What's going to happen?

The highest pick Indiana had was #10 (Paul George)

San Antonio was a unique situation because they were a very good team that lost their hall of fame center for a season, and ended up with the number one pick.

Miami is also unique, in that they are a location players want to go to and they have an executive everyone wants to play for. They drafted Wade at number 5 overall, but their location and executive are the biggest reasons guys like Shaq, Lebron and Bosh went there.

OKC is the one team that really bottomed out and built their team. They hit on 3 straight top 5 picks and then also hit on guys like Ibaka.

The point I am making is that getting a top 3 pick isn't the cure to all problems. And tanking out doesn't make you a title contender. If you look at Indiana they were "stuck in mediocrity" like the Pistons for years.

The vast majority of teams that tank out stink...year after year.

Pointless. The vast majority of teams that don't tank still dont win anything. Like Mr B said earlier. 23-24 teams should just shut down operations if that is your criteria.

According to some of you guys the Pistons are doomed to fail forever unless they absolutely tank out. Yet very few teams who tank actually succeed. Look at Indiana. Tell me how they are now contenders.

Passing on talent is passing on talent, no matter where it is picked.

Yeah, no difference at all between having 2 number one picks and 2 4th overall picks vs having no selections higher than 8. Same thing.

According to some of you guys the Pistons are doomed to fail forever unless they absolutely tank out. Yet very few teams who tank actually succeed. Look at Indiana. Tell me how they are now contenders.

Got in the lottery and hit on Paul George. Not complicated really. Takes a little more luck to do it at #10 though.

Yeah, no difference at all between having 2 number one picks and 2 4th overall picks vs having no selections higher than 8. Same thing.

Sorry it upset you that I showed you can play that game with most teams.

Kyrie Irving was scheduled for an MRI today. If he misses time that could hurt Detroit.

Irving's talent is undeniable, but I just don't think he's much of a point guard. Lloyd Free 2.0?

Irving's talent is undeniable, but I just don't think he's much of a point guard. Lloyd Free 2.0?

He's not a pure PG I suppose, but he doesn't deserve that kind of talk IMO.

Is our pick top 8 or top 9 protected this year? I always thought it was top 9 but when I did ESPN's mock draft lotto thing it gave the #9 pick to Charlotte. If that's the case than that sucks.

Is our pick top 8 or top 9 protected this year? I always thought it was top 9 but when I did ESPN's mock draft lotto thing it gave the #9 pick to Charlotte. If that's the case than that sucks.

Top 8 protected. That is where we sit now, so we need to lose all of these 4 on the western road trip, and then lose some more.

Top 8 protected. That is where we sit now, so we need to lose all of these 4 on the western road trip, and then lose some more.

Allow me to ask a stupid question that has probably been answered. 6,492 times already. Is it top 8 after the lottery is figured out or bottom 8 in terms of winning percentage? I have been assuming the former all along but now I am doubting what I thought I "knew".

He's not a pure PG I suppose, but he doesn't deserve that kind of talk IMO.

World B. was a player, too, just ask him.

Allow me to ask a stupid question that has probably been answered. 6,492 times already. Is it top 8 after the lottery is figured out or bottom 8 in terms of winning percentage? I have been assuming the former all along but now I am doubting what I thought I "knew".

After the lottery.

The Pistons have some history in regards to waiting on the lottery to see about a draft pick. The 2003 Darko pick from Vancouver was top 1 protected. So if the Grizzlies had won the lottery that year we would have received their 2004 pick unprotected instead of the #2 in 2003. And we would have lost all the good Darko conversations.

Yah, that one was pretty fun when it got down to the last 2 and we were still an option. Not much fun afterwards, but......

Not hearing a lot of desire for Trey Burke anymore, can't help but throw that out there. KCP and Burke are having a pretty nice fight to see who can have a more wretched rookie season though.

Not hearing a lot of desire for Trey Burke anymore, can't help but throw that out there. KCP and Burke are having a pretty nice fight to see who can have a more wretched rookie season though.

I'm not on the Trey Burke bandwagon for the future, but he's having a lot better season than KCP. A LOT better.

Turns out the right pick was MCW. I certainly didn't predict that one, but then again I'm not a GM getting paid millions to botch draft picks and sign low IQ players.

Is this a joke? No need to continue to state the obvious.

This is the year for you conspiracy theorists out there. Reportedly one of the best drafts (at the top) in years and the Lakers will be in the lottery pool...

It's pretty amazing that in a year where teams are tanking and the Pistons are trying to actually win the Pistons are just as ****** as they have been for most of the last few years. Nice work Dumars. Now get the **** out of here.

It's pretty amazing that in a year where teams are tanking and the Pistons are trying to actually win the Pistons are just as ****** as they have been for most of the last few years. Nice work Dumars. Now get the **** out of here.

The pieces he put together should be much better than this. This past coaching hire...I would have told him to go down and coach these guys up before he brought Cheeks in...you built it...it should be decent...now go make them decent...your last shot. Too late for that now. Joe D was one of 2 childhood sports heroes for me growing up, but he has to go. Sorry dude.