RatkoVarda

Cheeks fired!

I didn't see this coming, but it was obvious this team needs something other than a motivational speaker. Especially a motivational speaker who pisses off his players. Also, allegedly assaults one of his tricks. He should have been terminated in the Pre-Season after that domestic issue.

NOW BRING ON COACH SHEED

I wonder what Gores thinks of all of this. Dumars fires Frank then spends a few weeks looking for a new coach, one of many in the last decade, and then he has to fire the new coach before the all-star break.

Man, should have been both Dumars and Cheeks.

I wonder what Gores thinks of all of this. Dumars fires Frank then spends a few weeks looking for a new coach, one of many in the last decade, and then he has to fire the new coach before the all-star break.

Man, should have been both Dumars and Cheeks.

Firing Cheeks out of the blue is what bad owners do to try and make the playoffs after being a cheapskate and selling your pick instead of buying the right to cut Ben Gordon with no cap hit. Gores and his basketball incompetence scares me.

You can lose games, you can make perplexing coaching decisions, you can fail to call time outs at crucial points in the game.

But you CANNOT yell at Will Bynum. That, sir, will get you fired.

They are 4-2 in their last 6 games. Odd time to fire someone.

That's the thing, they've actually been playing better lately. NOW you fire him? Why not after the Orlando debacle?

What an embarrassment this season had been. Seriously Joe...look in the f'ing mirror

I think Dumars has and I think he knows he failed. The writing on the wall says Joe D is next, but since Gores is the one writing it, it could say literally ****ing anything.

You can lose games, you can make perplexing coaching decisions, you can fail to call time outs at crucial points in the game.

But you CANNOT yell at Will Bynum. That, sir, will get you fired.

Will Bynum is the longest tenured Piston, don't mess with Will Bynum. Also, can someone tell me why a journeyman back up PG has been on the same roster since 2008? He doesn't even fit this team and he is still here. I even like watching Will Bynum and it is beyond idiotic to keep the same back up with no potential for something bigger for 7 years.

Who would've thought that the Lions wouldn't be the most embarrassing franchise in Detroit... It's as if these teams are constantly trying to one-up each other with embarrassment. Today is the Piston's day.

https://twitter.com/CV31/status/432564935978012673

I guess the organization doesn't owe its players an explanation or heads up. Just seems odd to me they are finding out on Twitter and asking if its true or not. Not a way I would run my organization.

This, to me, says that the decision to fire Cheeks did not come down from Dumars--but from Gores. You have to think that Joe is absolutely next barring he pulls off a trade deadline miracle.

Unless they already have a guru lined up, my vote would be Haralobos "Haralabob" Voulgaris. He's already been approached by teams in the league but he would take a major pay cut to take a spot.

Meet the world's top NBA gambler - Sports Business News, Analysis - Dollars Blog - ESPN Playbook - ESPN

I am eagerly awaiting tomorrow nights game where they, in their haste, forgot to name an interim coach, and the Pistons are the first team in history to play an NBA game without a head coach.

Nothing about this organization makes sense. You get the feeling the Pistons are being run by some fantasy league owner who wakes up and makes decisions based on some post he saw on facebook or twitter, or maybe something heard by a fan.

That said, I'm glad Cheeks is gone. He just didn't seem to do anything or have a grasp of the dynamics of his own team. And he certainly didn't help encourage a positive push in any given direction.

It was pretty symbolic when he sat in a fan's chair. You quite often wondered if the fan that was originally sitting there may have had more solutions than Cheeks, hoping maybe the two would change spots.

John Loyer is the interim. Bad move, on name alone. I have watched parts of every game this year, and this is the first time I have heard his name in my life. Now Maz Trak, that is a name I can get behind. Hire Maz Trak.

John Loyer is the interim. Bad move, on name alone. I have watched parts of every game this year, and this is the first time I have heard his name in my life. Now Maz Trak, that is a name I can get behind. Hire Maz Trak.

Even worse, Loyer came in with Frank and has been here 3 years.