shabba4detroit

Autographed Tigers Lithograph

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9fBjk9yc9QHx629k3N5lIXOBMr25UGBxYN-saQqrs2BPAccsA1g

I have a Doug West lithograph just like the one in the picture, except that it is mounted and framed. Also, in the white space below the picture, it is autographed by Jack Morris, Dan Petry, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Willie Hernandez, Lance Parrish, Kirk Gibson, Dave Bergman, and Sparky Anderson.

I am trying to get a good appraisal of what something like this would be worth. I am putting it back into storage and wonder if I should get an insurance rider for it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9fBjk9yc9QHx629k3N5lIXOBMr25UGBxYN-saQqrs2BPAccsA1g

I have a Doug West lithograph just like the one in the picture, except that it is mounted and framed. Also, in the white space below the picture, it is autographed by Jack Morris, Dan Petry, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Willie Hernandez, Lance Parrish, Kirk Gibson, Dave Bergman, and Sparky Anderson.

I am trying to get a good appraisal of what something like this would be worth. I am putting it back into storage and wonder if I should get an insurance rider for it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I would say, if it is professionally framed, $300-$350 (that is giving the frame job $100 value). Approximate pricing per signature at a show: Jack Morris ($30), Dan Petry ($15), Alan Trammell ($45), Lou Whitaker ($35), Willie Hernandez ($25), Lance Parrish ($25), Kirk Gibson ($60), Dave Bergman ($15). After pricing it out per signature, I might be a little high. Unfortunately, the signatures individually are worth more than having them all together on one piece.

Send me the address of that frame shop. Decent mat, glass and frame can easily top $150. How many players are missing sigs? That is part of the equation. Still I don't see a huge value for multiple sigs. Under $500 but it is a buyer's market. You can always EBay it with a reserve.

Probably not what you want to hear, but around half of its value is most likely in the framing. As mbrieve has pointed out, those guys are all pretty accessible in the autograph world (except for Sparky, but he signed a lot). Even signed lithographs with Kell, Kaline, along with the bigger names on yours can be found on eBay for a pretty low price without a frame.

Edited by hail2mich

Might depend a little on what the artwork is numbered to as well, but here is something similar on the retail market. These guys are usually pretty high on this stuff too (although they do include letter of authenticity which helps the value and it has higher end sigs), so this would be the extreme high end of what one would expect to pay. So, I'd say yours at $500 framed would be the very high end and that would be a retail cost. Just my opinion though.

Detroit Tigers All Time Team Autographed Lithograph

Might depend a little on what the artwork is numbered to as well, but here is something similar on the retail market. These guys are usually pretty high on this stuff too (although they do include letter of authenticity which helps the value and it has higher end sigs), so this would be the extreme high end of what one would expect to pay. So, I'd say yours at $500 framed would be the very high end and that would be a retail cost. Just my opinion though.

Detroit Tigers All Time Team Autographed Lithograph

Dirk is right. Unframed I would have a hard time getting $250.

Anyone a little less negative. Hello?

I'm curious what you were thinking on value??? A comparable piece I had in mind (shares three signatures), is the All Time Tigers piece. Here is one that sold recently, framed:

Detroit Tigers All Time Team Lithograph w 9 Authenticated Autographs | eBay

Unframed, they go for anywhere between $50 (w/o Sparky) and $125 (w/Sparky). So, tell me, again, how I'm being negative??? If you don't want an honest answer, don't ask.

I'm curious what you were thinking on value??? A comparable piece I had in mind (shares three signatures), is the All Time Tigers piece. Here is one that sold recently, framed:

Detroit Tigers All Time Team Lithograph w 9 Authenticated Autographs | eBay

Unframed, they go for anywhere between $50 (w/o Sparky) and $125 (w/Sparky). So, tell me, again, how I'm being negative??? If you don't want an honest answer, don't ask.

Yeah, and even with that it's not that comparable b/c that one has Sparky, Kell, Kaline and Freehan on it. Kaline is the only one living and who signs and he even is sporadic when it comes to public or private signings.

As a consumer, I'd have a hard time going past $200 on it and I would only go that high depending on the type of framing and the fact that Sparky is on it.

Yeah, and even with that it's not that comparable b/c that one has Sparky, Kell, Kaline and Freehan on it. Kaline is the only one living and who signs and he even is sporadic when it comes to public or private signings.

As a consumer, I'd have a hard time going past $200 on it and I would only go that high depending on the type of framing and the fact that Sparky is on it.

Crickets. No thanks for the help or debate. Just proven wrong and not a peep. I'm guessing this dude dropped more than $500.

I don't think Shabba is an avid collector. When I managed a sports memorabilia shop, I found that many people grossly overestimated how valuable autographs are. It was kind of the company line to take advantage of that. I don't miss that job at all.

Crickets. No thanks for the help or debate. Just proven wrong and not a peep. I'm guessing this dude dropped more than $500.

Thanks for the help and debate. Didn't drop anything, it was a gift. Walt's right in that I am not an avid collector. So I do appreciate the knowledge.

Thanks for the help and debate. Didn't drop anything, it was a gift. Walt's right in that I am not an avid collector. So I do appreciate the knowledge.

Memorabilia is a weird market because value can mean so many things. Usually it means what you could sell something for. In memorabilia there are usually many things bought by the uninformed that overvalue such things like autographs. I routinely sold things for 5 to 10 times what one could buy the same thing on eBay for. The casual collectors seem to really value the COAs that I made in MS Word and printed on an inkjet printer.