thefunk

Gamethread: Michigan v. MSU, PUR, IND, NEB

Ts game will never end. Michigan st scores within like .4 seconds and continues to send um to the line

So many damn timeouts. Basketball has to fix that. This last minute has taken over 10 minutes. That's ridiculous.

Sparty had the benefit of the home court whistle all game long.

But without Dawson and Payne, Michigan have no business losing this game. Even without McGary and how hot they've been.

That said, Michigan have certainly rebounded after a very shaky start to this season. Throwing in McGary being MIA practically the entire season, a brand new starting backcourt and playing in probably the deepest and toughest conference in the country, I'm impressed.

Sparty has improved a lot over last year as well.

Wow, Walton player of the game mainly because I didn't expect him to contribute this much.

Once again, GRIII disappears.

I'm curious if GRIII will come back for a junior season if he continues to struggle.

He certainly doesn't NEED to come out. But right now, I'd say his draft stock was higher last season.

Wow, Walton player of the game mainly because I didn't expect him to contribute this much.

Once again, GRIII disappears.

I am quite surprised that they won without a good game from GRIII.

Curious to see where they put michigan in the rankings this week. 3 big ten teams ahead of them, michigan has beaten them all; MSU, Wisconsin and Iowa.

Michigan is 6-2 over the last 8 games vs Sparty. Since beating Sparty at Breslin on 1/27/2011 Michigan has the best record in the Big Ten at 40-14.

Michigan is 6-2 over the last 8 games vs Sparty. Since beating Sparty at Breslin on 1/27/2011 Michigan has the best record in the Big Ten at 40-14.

M hockey with a win over the Green this weekend as well. Now if only they could do something in those games with that pointy shaped ball......

All hail John Beilein.

As much as Bill Martin effed up the football program, he sure hit a home run on the basketball team.

Everybody see Izzo cry about the refs at the press conference? Izzo's a real classy guy when MSU was whupping Michigan every year. As soon as Michigan beats them, he cries and whines and acts like a b****.

Beating two different number three teams on the road and number 10 at home? I'd say that's good enought for top 5, but rankings are stupid.

No, I don't believe we're the 5th best team, but a top 5 ranking after this week isn't that silly.

I bet we'll be 11th or something.

All hail John Beilein.

As much as Bill Martin effed up the football program, he sure hit a home run on the basketball team.

Everybody see Izzo cry about the refs at the press conference? Izzo's a real classy guy when MSU was whupping Michigan every year. As soon as Michigan beats them, he cries and whines and acts like a b****.

I did not see izzo's comments but it doesn't surprise me.