Deleterious

2014 NBA trade deadline

So do you just hate the particular players?

I like Lamb and Adams. Not a huge fan of Jones. Just because I like them doesn't mean I would dump Monroe for them.

Put it this way. If that is what Monroe is worth in a trade, put all fears aside about a max contract.

Plus, the article I posted the other day said OKC was looking for shooters, which Monroe and Stuckey are not. Makes no sense for them to move Lamb when looking for shooters.

I guess we just value them differently. I'd probably take Lamb and Adams over say, the 12th pick in both 2014 and 2015. Jones is a throw in, I put very minimal value on him.

I definitely wouldn't trade Lamb if I were OKC.

I would trade Monroe and a pick over that garbage OKC trade.

I would take the OKC trade. Adams could be just as good as Monroe in another year and Lamb gives you the shooter you have to have.

The pistons just have to trade Monroe. Package Monroe and KCP and see what you can get. The whole thing needs to be blown up.

On the other hand, I guess you can just wait til the end of the season when Dumars will be gone and the new guy can make his own moves.

The pistons just have to trade Monroe. Package Monroe and KCP and see what you can get. The whole thing needs to be blown up.

On the other hand, I guess you can just wait til the end of the season when Dumars will be gone and the new guy can make his own moves.

They aren't trading anybody of significance so you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect much movement. This team is Dumars's baby and he's not going to do anything to disrupt that and will go down with the ship until the bitter end.

If it was up to him, Cheeks would still be here as well.

I've said it before and i stand by it. The Pistons have no present, no future, no hope as long as Dumars is running things.

It's sad when halfway through the season the two players you want to trade most are the two you just signed to big contracts. Welcome to 2009/10 all over again. Nice work Joe.

If we get smoked tonight, the asking price for Monroe and Stuckey might come down and we might actually make a trade.

I honestly haven't put a lot of thought into this and the idea crossed my mind while reading about the Suns. I like Monroe a lot, but I'm starting to question if he can realistically be expected to play Power forward. If he can't and I'm thinking he will never be an allstar caliber PW.... what if we spun Monroe to the Phoenix Suns for their best 1st round pick ( they have 4) and Okafor's expiring contract? That would give us a chance to clear a whole lot of salary and basically start over with Drummond as the cornerstone.

Would Phoenix be interested? Could we add Stucky for the best and worst 1st round picks and Okafor?

I don't know, what do you all think?

I honestly haven't put a lot of thought into this and the idea crossed my mind while reading about the Suns. I like Monroe a lot, but I'm starting to question if he can realistically be expected to play Power forward. If he can't and I'm thinking he will never be an allstar caliber PW.... what if we spun Monroe to the Phoenix Suns for their best 1st round pick ( they have 4) and Okafor's expiring contract? That would give us a chance to clear a whole lot of salary and basically start over with Drummond as the cornerstone.

Would Phoenix be interested? Could we add Stucky for the best and worst 1st round picks and Okafor?

I don't know, what do you all think?

I believe the Minnesota pick is lottery protected so they are likely to only have 3 picks. I would settle for their best pick outside of the lottery though, which should still be top 20. It is a deep enough draft to be worth it for the Pistons.

I could see it making some sense for Phoenix as well. I also see Monroe strictly as a center now and I would imagine they have some cap room available this summer to re-sign him. Only question is if another team does something stupid and grossly overpays for him, are they forced to match to make up for the lost pick? Pistons might be forced to throw a future contingency pick in there somehow.

It's really scary knowing Joe Dumars can **** this franchise up even more over the coming days.

Which way is more? Making a trade, or not making any kind of trade?

I believe the Minnesota pick is lottery protected so they are likely to only have 3 picks. I would settle for their best pick outside of the lottery though, which should still be top 20. It is a deep enough draft to be worth it for the Pistons.

I could see it making some sense for Phoenix as well. I also see Monroe strictly as a center now and I would imagine they have some cap room available this summer to re-sign him. Only question is if another team does something stupid and grossly overpays for him, are they forced to match to make up for the lost pick? Pistons might be forced to throw a future contingency pick in there somehow.

All the picks have heavy protection. The Minn pick is top 10 protected forever and turns into two 2nd rounders if not paid off by 2016. The Washington pick is top 10 protected until 2019 and totally unprotected in 2020. The Indiana pick is protected as well, but with Indiana being so good Phoenix will get that pick this year. But it will be 25-30. Hell, even the Phoenix pick wont be top 20 if things hold up. Right now Phoenix would be drafting 22nd I believe.

I also don't think it makes any sense for Phoenix. Plumlee isn't as good as Monroe. But for the next 3-4 years he will make about $10-$11M less than Monroe per year. So while not as good, he certainly isn't that much worse. And don't forget they also have Alex Len. If I'm Phoenix I try to develop the young and cheap guys instead of spending a bunch of money on someone expensive like Monroe.

Some quick amnesty/buyout stuff …

• Of the 10 teams that kept their amnesties, reasons range from “Billy King saved our *** from using it” (Atlanta) to “we never needed the help” (Boston, San Antonio, Chicago) to “we wish some of our current guys were eligible” (Sacramento, New Orleans, Memphis) to “we’re generally confused and probably misunderstood how it worked” (Detroit) to “we’re too freaking cheap” (Utah, Oklahoma City).

So true

All the picks have heavy protection. The Minn pick is top 10 protected forever and turns into two 2nd rounders if not paid off by 2016. The Washington pick is top 10 protected until 2019 and totally unprotected in 2020. The Indiana pick is protected as well, but with Indiana being so good Phoenix will get that pick this year. But it will be 25-30. Hell, even the Phoenix pick wont be top 20 if things hold up. Right now Phoenix would be drafting 22nd I believe.

I also don't think it makes any sense for Phoenix. Plumlee isn't as good as Monroe. But for the next 3-4 years he will make about $10-$11M less than Monroe per year. So while not as good, he certainly isn't that much worse. And don't forget they also have Alex Len. If I'm Phoenix I try to develop the young and cheap guys instead of spending a bunch of money on someone expensive like Monroe.

I did not realize Plumlee was as doing as well as he is this year. Probably doesn't make sense for them then...otherwise they get stuck in a situation like the Pistons with too many guys on the court who can't shoot.

They probably end up with one pick in the teens and two picks in the 20's this year. I do think it makes sense to trade one of these if it brings another young player in return like Monroe who is already established...but it needs to be at a position other than center.

Why don't you feel that way in regards to us and Steven Adams?

Why don't you feel that way in regards to us and Steven Adams?

You didn't give me that option. You had him traded by time I responded. Plus, he isn't playing anywhere near the level Plumlee is.

You didn't give me that option. You had him traded by time I responded. Plus, he isn't playing anywhere near the level Plumlee is.

You said, possibly paraphrasing "I can't see trading a starting big for a bunch of backups" and then "I like Lamb and Adams,but don't want to dump Monroe for them"

Color me confused. I know I said I would flip him, as I think he'd clash with Drummond, but you didn't seem to like the value or the style of trade.