sagnam

2014 Lions Offseason

Ugh James Ihedigb visiting. He is horrid in pass coverage. Not sure how much more Clemons would cost, but it would be worth it.

I hate when GMs sign players just because of their history with a new coach. But James Ihedigb is better than nothing :(

We signed Vaughn Martin for DT depth and it appears Ihedigbo is close to done too.

Suh probably won't be dealt because we won't get value, but the 19 million dollar cap hit won't be why. He's a 22 mil hit if he's on the roster and you'd also be adding a cheap asset or two. Plus he'd be off the cap in the future.

I think he re-signs though. This kind of deal takes time. Plus I think Suh wants to be here and believes in this team. Just a gut feeling based on the way he's talked in the past.

His sister has made it known she doesn't like detroit. She is his "handler" because apparently a grown man needs one.

Also he had millions of dollars off the Lions, he then plays an agent game which undoubtedly hurt Detroit in free agency. He sure is making if difficult for Detroit to pay his crazy butt millions of more.

I say let the nut walk after next year or trade him.

Willie Young signs with Bears. Thats a shame. I really Liked Willie Young. But now he is a Bear I hope he I hate him and hope he never records another sack.

Ihedigbo certainly makes the Lions really strong against the run, but oh boy, these corners and him in coverage...a little terrifying.

Still, I think the Lions are heading in the right direction. I hate losing Young to a division rival, but I can understand not wanting to spend money on a DE when you have Ansah and Taylor both impressing as rookies last year.

Ugh James Ihedigb visiting. He is horrid in pass coverage. Not sure how much more Clemons would cost, but it would be worth it.

I hate when GMs sign players just because of their history with a new coach. But James Ihedigb is better than nothing :(

I think it helps in transitioning to a new system quite often. Especially when that player is a S or LB

Willie Young signs with Bears. Thats a shame. I really Liked Willie Young. But now he is a Bear I hope he I hate him and hope he never records another sack.

Didn't think we'd lose him for so little. He got 3/9. That's twice what we paid him last year though I guess. Curious to see what the plan is at DE. Is Taylor and Jones the whole plan at LDE? I'd hope they'd find some sort of speed rusher to complement what we have in place.

trading Suh would be the dumbest thing possible for the Lions. He would leave behind over 19 MILLION in dead money. They would save NOTHING by trading him. Their defense would nose dive and they don't save much, if any, cap space. Dumb idea is dumb.

If you could trade Suh and get #2 and #13 in this draft you should do it in a heartbeat. Suh is a great player, but he is extremely overpaid for this position. If the Lions had THREE picks in the top 13 in this draft they could set themselves up very nicely going forward. You could take Clowney at #2, Ebron at #10 and then Clinton-Dix at #13. That would be a pretty nice haul.

Clowney is everything Suh would be, only much much much much MUCH cheaper.

Which is why the Rams would never make that trade.

I really don't like letting Young go for 3 mil a year, nor do I like Ihedigbo.

If we can sign another DE like Tapp for cheaper, I can get over Young - but Ihedigbo will require us to draft a safety who can push him later this year. He better be cheap and disposable.

If you could trade Suh and get #2 and #13 in this draft you should do it in a heartbeat. Suh is a great player, but he is extremely overpaid for this position. If the Lions had THREE picks in the top 13 in this draft they could set themselves up very nicely going forward. You could take Clowney at #2, Ebron at #10 and then Clinton-Dix at #13. That would be a pretty nice haul.

Clowney is everything Suh would be, only much much much much MUCH cheaper.

Which is why the Rams would never make that trade.

Lol, of course you trade him for 2 and 13. They can have Calvin for that package.

I really don't like letting Young go for 3 mil a year' date=' nor do I like Ihedigbo.

If we can sign another DE like Tapp for cheaper, I can get over Young - but Ihedigbo will require us to draft a safety who can push him later this year. He better be cheap and disposable.[/quote']

I think we have our top 3 safeties for the year locked up, and we'll look to replace Ihedigbo with a rookie next year. I think we'll always look at a player we see as great value, but that's the only way I see us drafting a safety now, after signing 2 in the offseason.

I'm fine with that plan, IF it means we upgrade CB quite a bit. I agree with you on Young. I want better than Tapp though. Where was he last year even?

How can so many people know all about these free agents here on this board? Honest question. The NFL games all happen at pretty much the same time. When the Lions are on that is the game I am watching. You can't glean much info from stats in the NFL for a lot of positions.

Do you guys go and watch tape or form all of your opinions based on articles? Football players are hard to follow. You know the offensive guys, the play makers on defense and other than that I don't know any of them. Some of these huge contracts that have been signed I had to go look and see who that player was and what position he plays. 53 players per team and 22 starters makes it so hard to know these players.

Clemons is a much much better fit for the Lions than Ihedigdo who is brutal in pass coverage so I'm not sure what they are thinking here unless Clemons has no interest in signing with the Lions.

This basically confirms that the Lions HAVE TO go defense heavy in this draft. The pass rush is already weakened with Young leaving and the secondary as is will get absolutely shredded by any passing game with a pulse. The Back 7 really needs to be addressed at the draft.

How can so many people know all about these free agents here on this board? Honest question. The NFL games all happen at pretty much the same time. When the Lions are on that is the game I am watching. You can't glean much info from stats in the NFL for a lot of positions.

Do you guys go and watch tape or form all of your opinions based on articles? Football players are hard to follow. You know the offensive guys, the play makers on defense and other than that I don't know any of them. Some of these huge contracts that have been signed I had to go look and see who that player was and what position he plays. 53 players per team and 22 starters makes it so hard to know these players.

Watch more football. Most of the players in the NFL I have seen play since college. I watch the combine and All-Star games (especially Senior Bowl practices) before the players join the league. Most of the veterans I see at least 3 times per year, and if they are with the Lions I'll see 16 of their games. It's out there, easy to watch. It's not rocket science. We all have opinions, man.

Clemons is a much much better fit for the Lions than Ihedigdo who is brutal in pass coverage so I'm not sure what they are thinking here unless Clemons has no interest in signing with the Lions.

This basically confirms that the Lions HAVE TO go defense heavy in this draft. The pass rush is already weakened with Young leaving and the secondary as is will get absolutely shredded by any passing game with a pulse. The Back 7 really needs to be addressed at the draft.

I disagree by a large margin. Ihedigbo has links here, and would help Austin and other DB's with Austin's scheme. Also, I really like James's size, and hitting ability. I don't care about his coverage, since the Lions already have a good coverage safety.

Watch more football. Most of the players in the NFL I have seen play since college. I watch the combine and All-Star games (especially Senior Bowl practices) before the players join the league. Most of the veterans I see at least 3 times per year, and if they are with the Lions I'll see 16 of their games. It's out there, easy to watch. It's not rocket science. We all have opinions, man.

Not rocket science, got it. Is football the only sport you follow? College football is borderline unwatchable, imo, and I definitely not watching combine and stuff like that, the over analysis is grinding. I consume sports more than the average joe, but the NFL has always been the one where top tier players can be someone even the average NFL has never heard of.

Not rocket science, got it. Is football the only sport you follow? College football is borderline unwatchable, imo, and I definitely not watching combine and stuff like that, the over analysis is grinding. I consume sports more than the average joe, but the NFL has always been the one where top tier players can be someone even the average NFL has never heard of.

I watch baseball and football and a little bit of hockey. Nothing else floats my boat (except for True Detective, but that is done now).

Also, my fantasy league that I have run for 10 years (congrats again to Sangram) includes offensive and defensive players. Fantasy football makes it more fun (and more important) to know all players, just to keep an edge.

Edited by cruzer1

I disagree by a large margin. Ihedigbo has links here, and would help Austin and other DB's with Austin's scheme. Also, I really like James's size, and hitting ability. I don't care about his coverage, since the Lions already have a good coverage safety.

Quin was very inconsistent in pass coverage last season. What the Lions need is a strong pass cover safety who has the ability to cover for the mistakes that the awful corners make.

I watch baseball and football and a little bit of hockey. Nothing else floats my boat (except for True Detective, but that is done now).

Did you like the ending?

Did you like the ending?

Absolutely. Loved everything about that show. The only problem I see is that they'll never outdo this first season. They cannot top what Matt Mc did. He was awesome.

Did you like the ending?

Sorry to jump in for Cruzer but I thought that it was a perfect ending to a near perfect show. Very fitting.

Absolutely. Loved everything about that show. The only problem I see is that they'll never outdo this first season. They cannot top what Matt Mc did. He was awesome.

Completely agree. A lot of mixed reports on that ending, I didn't get it, I very much enjoyed the entirety of show.

Matt Mc is likely to become the first person to ever win the best actor at the oscars and emmy's in the same year. TV doesn't get much better than true detective. Very curious to see who they cast for next year, because you're right, lofty standards now. Sorry to take the thread off topic, but thought it deserved a little talk at least.

Well, I watch a lot of sports, but obviously not enough to really judge a random guy like Idhegibo. Mostly I just subscribe to PFF and go by various scouting report types.

Completely agree. A lot of mixed reports on that ending, I didn't get it, I very much enjoyed the entirety of show.

Matt Mc is likely to become the first person to ever win the best actor at the oscars and emmy's in the same year. TV doesn't get much better than true detective. Very curious to see who they cast for next year, because you're right, lofty standards now. Sorry to take the thread off topic, but thought it deserved a little talk at least.

They are talking about women leads for next season. Not too sure how I feel about that.

In any event, they have some enormous shoes to fill.