thefunk

2014 Michigan Wolverines Football

I don't think you boot him from the program until the charges become something more than charges, but I also don't think he plays or practices with the team while the process is going on. That effectively means his career is done here, so I guess it's the same thing as booting him.

By the way, I hope Frank has done well in school, because of all the things he could have done, domestic violence will probably keep him out of the NFL. Way to flush your career, Frank.

Edited by stanpapi

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/534162836096696320

Sandusky Register has the Frank Clark police report: Clark was arrested after allegedly "attacking his girlfriend."
Per the Register, Clark will be charged with two misdemeanors. Incident allegedly occurred in a hotel room.
Clark's girlfriend told police he punched her in the face. Girlfriend's brother told police Clark grabbed her throat, threw her down

Where would he have been drafted had this not happened?

I see the reports are that the girlfriend didn't want to press charges.

Where would he have been drafted had this not happened?

I see the reports are that the girlfriend didn't want to press charges.

I'd guess he would have been drafted around the third round.

The girlfriend probably didn't want to press charges so Clark's potential NFL earnings wouldn't be affected.

I wonder how much of this stuff went unreported / was swept under the carpet back in the good ol' days.

They did it for the kicker not too long ago

I know.

It really is frightening to me the lengths established institutions will go in a mis-guided attempt to protect their image and revenue generators. I am speaking in generalities here.

They did it for the kicker not too long ago

Yeah - call me cynical but it's also alot easier to bounce a star when you know you aren't challenging for anything major in a season anyway.

Well, someone brought up gibbons. Maybe I'm not cynical enough, and I don't remember the details well enough, but I don't remember thinking the team handled that situation inappropriately.

I remember the silly hoke statement during bowl prep that gibbons wasn't with the team and the "family matter" that was offered as an explanation.

I think there is a difference between an internal complaint at a school and an arrest by police. The arrest is a matter of public record. The school complaint seems like a private matter.

That's not to say they couldn't have suspended him. I don't know what they knew or heard. I would have leaned toward suspending him but you have to have *some* evidence. I'm not sure they had much in the gibbons case.

At least here they had an arrest and booking immediately after the assault.

We also don't know what clark may have told hoke relative to what gibbons told him (if he told him anything).

Anyway, different situations. I'm guessing a lot of things are swept under the rug when there is no public record of it happening. But I think that's pretty typical of any organization.

Well, since I vote on things related to the University of Michigan, I don't think it's a private thing at all

One more nail in Brady's coffin. Clark should have been booted two years ago. Stealing a laptop is not a petty theft.

Nice job Frank, not only are you piece of filth for beating a woman (walk away, dude), but you just cost yourself a career. You were third or fourth round at best, now nobody in the NFL is going to go near you after this......moron.

The University Of Michigan football team has become a complete disgrace on and off the field. Pathetic.

You can vote on a lot of things, but that doesn't mean you get access to student records.

Reading that police report and looking at her, Hoke did the right thing. I don't care if you're 5-5 or 10-0. You can't let that crap go on with someone on your team. This guy just pissed his draft status good bye. He might get a look as a free agent from someone, but I suspect his career will probably be in the CFL, if anywhere. What a waste.

Huge fake punt and michigan gets in the red zone. Gardner poops the bed, field goal is blocked but still goes through. CF Gods want michigan in a useless bowl, I guess.

3-0 Michigan.

Devin throws one behind Funchess that he makes a fabulous adjustment to catch anyway, then throws the next one where Funchess would have had to have 6 ft arms to reach, and the idiot announcer opines "I like what Gardner is doing throwing the ball" !?!??

Terps fan I guess.

Norfleet calls fair catch on a punt without a Terp within 10 yds of him. So many things this team could do better to help itself.

Devin throws a pick that Maryland can't handle. MI needs to just run the ball - they can probably beat MD even when MD packs the box. Throwing the ball is mostly bad news for M - as usual.