thefunk

2014 Michigan Wolverines Football

Michigan is holding an open practice on Saturday night at the stadium for free. Starts at 8:00.

I may head up there. I haven't been to Michigan Stadium in a few years and I'm curious to see the team.

Michigan is going to announce a couple "huge" future home-and-home opponents soon. Good news to hear after looking at this year's weak home schedule. Personally, I'd like to see a team like LSU, Georgia, or Texas.

Michigan Set To Announce Two Huge Home-And-Home Opponents This Week « CBS Detroit

I would prefer to see schools that also push academics get scheduled......like USC, Tennessee, UCLA, Texas, Stanford, or California.

Duke and Vanderbilt would be 2nd tiers to be scheduled in the same year.....probably not worth Michigan agreeing to a home-and-home though.

Michigan is holding an open practice on Saturday night at the stadium for free. Starts at 8:00.

I may head up there. I haven't been to Michigan Stadium in a few years and I'm curious to see the team.

It's free, but you had to register for tickets by yesterday at 5:00.

I just got back from the scrimmage. I never know what to think when watching a scrimmage. A good play on offense and you get excited for a bit, and then you wonder if the defense screwed up. Obviously, the offensive line is still a big question mark going into the season. They were not very impressive tonight.

I know there's not too much hype around this upcoming season, but I'm starting to get excited. Tonight also reminded me that I sure do miss going to Michigan games.

Braxton Miller of ohio state reinjured sholder. might be out for awhile. 4 star redshirt freshman is the backup.

Out for the season. Wish this helped us, but it probably doesn't matter.

Already heard someone on the radio say it will hurt MSU more then help UM because people will care less when State beats OSU.....:ponder:

Already heard someone on the radio say it will hurt MSU more then help UM because people will care less when State beats OSU.....:ponder:

There might be some truth to that, only in regards to the differing expectations of each team.

MSU has a legitimate chance to make the playoff this year, and they were going to be in good shape even if they lose to oregon. But that was dependent on having a strong enough big ten schedule to overcome being a 1 loss team.

Now, it might not end up mattering. A 1-loss team that runs the table in the big ten will have a very good chance to make the playoff regardless. But strength of schedule will come into play.

For michigan, it doesn't matter a whole lot. I guess it makes it easier to win that final game, which would be nice, but whatever.

For michigan, it doesn't matter a whole lot. I guess it makes it easier to win that final game, which would be nice, but whatever.

For a Michigan team that has a real chance of entering that game at 5-6, I don't think it really matters who the starting QB for OSU is.

For a Michigan team that has a real chance of entering that game at 5-6, I don't think it really matters who the starting QB for OSU is.

You don't really believe this do you?

Did I miss the home-and-home announcement? Or did that not happen yet?

They announced a home-and-home with Washington in 2020 and 2021.

They announced a home-and-home with Washington in 2020 and 2021.

Earth Shattering. I was really hoping for Texas

Did I miss the home-and-home announcement? Or did that not happen yet?

Supposedly another announcement regarding second home and home is still in the works.

Looks like no seniors on the o-line. Brady has all his own guys there.

Time to see what they can do. This team can actually be pretty good if the OL performs IMO. I like our RBs and I think Gardner can get the job done. Our WRs suck, but at least you have Funchess I guess. Maybe Canteen or Darboh steps up

I was all in on the Devin Gardner bandwagon until last season. I thought he would be significantly better than Shoelaces throwing the football. I was wrong. If he doesn't improve, it could be a long season.

Earth Shattering. I was really hoping for Texas

Washington. Hurray.

Oooo! I hope they have fireworks!!!!!

Looks like I'll be going to Saturday's game! My uncle messaged me this morning saying they have an extra ticket and it's mine if I want it.

Cool. I might go if someone throws a free ticket my way, or I can get one for dirt cheap on stubhub the morning of the game.

Have fun.

Cool. I might go if someone throws a free ticket my way, or I can get one for dirt cheap on stubhub the morning of the game.

Have fun.

It felt like football season last night when I was walking the dogs after dark and it was quiet and I could hear the band playing. That is pretty rare as we are a long way from the athletic campus but apparently conditions were just right.

are we gonna have game threads this season? is someone gonna do them? ....are there even enough people who care to have it be worthwhile?