thefunk

2014 Michigan Wolverines Football

Hopefully they hire someone who will move Gardner back to WR.

I disagree. He's has nice talent for the QB position, and is probably going to be an NFL QB. He needs one year, and needs to play. I liked Morris when I saw him, he should get some playing time; but he needs to improve his accuracy. He has good arm strength, and should have a nice grip on the job in 2015.

According to Kirk Herbstreit on Twitter, they already have their guy and Michigan fans "will be pleased." Another account said "it is a college coach and Michigan fans will be happy"...I'm hoping for Doug Nussmeier.

I think it's going to be Cam Cameron.

Now there's a lot of folks saying it's not Cameron. From the names being tossed around now, KleSheen may soon get his wish.

Looking to pad his resume as a potential head coach no doubt. Really looking forward to 2014 now.

Remember, the guy has to be a Michigan Man or everyone will call for his head.

That "Michigan Man" thing is a load of crap. When Bo said "a Michigan Man will coach Michigan" he didn't mean you had to have a Michigan pedigree to coach a Michigan team. He meant that Bill Frieder. who had accepted the Arizona State job and therefore was the ASU coach, wouldnt coach Michigan in the tournament even for 1 game or as it turned out 6 games. He wanted a man committed to Michigan to coach the team.So to me a "Michigan Man" is a coach committed to the program. Hell, even Bo wasnt a Michigan Man to begin with. His pedigree went through Doyt, Ara and Woody. This bastardization of his "Michigan Man" phrase by the Alumni is a big part of what has put them in the position they are in now.

Saban was going to fire this guy anyway. Not for anything he had done but because Saban wants Lane Kiffin. Id look for Alabama hiring Kiffin news any moment.

Nussmeier is a good hire IMO. Hes coached both spread and pro sets. He will be flexible. I dont know what kind of recruiter he is but Borges was a non factor there so he cant be worse. Being a young guy thats probably got his eye n a top job he is probably at the very least an enthusiastic recruiter.

I like the move. It opens up our QB recruiting to the more athletic guys instead of just the statues with big arms.

Excellent and necessary move. I feel really good about the coaching staff for 2014. Both coordinators should be excellent.

And Hoke seems to have brought in good talent the past several cycles, excited to see if it really all comes together.

Excellent and necessary move. I feel really good about the coaching staff for 2014. Both coordinators should be excellent.

And Hoke seems to have brought in good talent the past several cycles, excited to see if it really all comes together.

I wouldn't expect too much. Their offense didn't block anybody during 2013, and they have to replace both tackles. I would be shocked if they were any better next year. They have a ton of problems to fix.