Sign in to follow this  
JayVee

McGary's Season Likely Over

Not to come off as a bitter homer, but that's ******** analysis of the impact of this decision.

McGary this season has been a shell of what we had hoped for. Losing what production he had provided so far is far from a big blow And the team's performance so far this year has been fine. They are the 21 ranked team according to kenpom. Losses to duke on the road, zona by a deuce, and isu on the road are no big deal.

They don't have the luxury of sleepwalking through the big ten toward a top four seed anymore, but that was the case this morning, too.

They will go 10-8 and be a six seed.

nbd

McGary this season has been a shell of what we had hoped for. Losing what production he had provided so far is far from a big blow ..

well that might be one way to put it, but if he didn't need the surgery he probably isn't the shell of what we had hoped for. The blow of losing a healthy McGary is still real, just because we had in reality already lost him despite his not having left the roster yet doesn't change that, this just makes it official/final.

Edited by Gehringer_2

well that might be one way to put it, but if he didn't need the surgery he probably isn't the shell of what we had hoped for. The blow of losing a healthy McGary is still real, just because we had in reality already lost him despite his not having left the roster yet doesn't change that, this just makes it official/final.

That's not what I was saying.

My point was that Michigan is not in some position where they were depending on magic Mitch's return to health in order to field a good team.

I said that so far this season, with hobbled mcgary, they were/are fine, so losing hobbled mcgary doesn't change that.

Yes, they aren't going to final four this year, but that would be true in either case.

That's not what I was saying.

My point was that Michigan is not in some position where they were depending on magic Mitch's return to health in order to field a good team.

I said that so far this season, with hobbled mcgary, they were/are fine, so losing hobbled mcgary doesn't change that.

Yes, they aren't going to final four this year, but that would be true in either case.

OK - fair enough on the first part, but on the second part don't you think many people thought that a healthy McGary might have gotten them into contention for a final four? I think a lot of folks had pretty lofty expectation for McGary's evolution.

OK - fair enough on the first part, but on the second part don't you think many people thought that a healthy McGary might have gotten them into contention for a final four? I think a lot of folks had pretty lofty expectation for McGary's evolution.

I do think some people thought too highly of this team's chances this year assuming a healthy mcgary. I was probably one of them before the season started.

But taking a step back, and especially seeing that we weren't going to strike gold for a third straight season with freshman that step right in, it would take another miracle run.

I guess I had already adjusted my expectations for this year, and so they are still basically the same after the news.

I probably should have had higher expectations before the news, due to mcgary not yet rounding into form.