LooseGoose

2014 Draft

The Cleveland Browns sold 1,200 season tickets between midnight and 7 am and reports are they have been selling more all day.

personne ne se soucie des bruns

My favorite team is the Panthers, but I grew up watching the Lions, so I root for them to do well and follow them.

If the US loses a war, would you root for Canada? This isn't auto racing. The Panthers are the Blue Jays of the NFL. No history.

youre always one of the biggest proponents of getting more picks. Why wouldnt you wait five minutes and see if something presents itself?

Getting more picks is always the best option unless youre looking at a game changing talent. I dont see ebron as that type of talent.

Which is not to say he's a bad pick. He will create a lot of mismatches. Like martellus bennett does for the bears.

I'm all for getting the best possible talent. They already have extra picks, thanks to the comp picks this year. I thought Ebron was one of the more unique talents in this draft. I thought there was a level after him, and I don't think Lewan is a good match. Zach Martin would have been a better match for the Lions if they had traded down. I think Ebron will be a much better player than Martin, however.

If the US loses a war, would you root for Canada? This isn't auto racing. The Panthers are the Blue Jays of the NFL. No history.

I wouldn't be rooting for Canada, because we all know if the US were to lose a war it would be at the hands of the Canadians oozing down the border like maple syrup.

That is why I chose the Panthers as my favorite team. I did not have a favorite team while I lived in Toledo. I liked the Lions and watched them, but did not really consider myself a big fan of the team. I moved to Charlotte 4 years ago and decided the Panthers would be my favorite team from then on out. I figured it was an opportunity to become a fan of a team without much history and be a fan while they make history.

Of course its my opinion. Me and almost everyone else who isnt a lions homer.

You can make a lot of money betting against the judgment of the detroit lions.

lets see where they go tonight.

Yah, they've sucked in the past, so every move they make sucks. What a productive and enlightening discussion to have.....

I want Van Noy,Murphy or Lawrence today and Mcgill,Baptiste or Gaines in the 3rd. BPA after that. I don't care if its a RB,WR,QB,K,DT etc. In the 4th round and later, you don't get cute. You take good players if you see them.

I want Van Noy,Murphy or Lawrence today and Mcgill,Baptiste or Gaines in the 3rd. BPA after that. I don't care if its a RB,WR,QB,K,DT etc. In the 4th round and later, you don't get cute. You take good players if you see them.

I want Moncrief in the 2nd just to piss people off.

not a Blue Jays fan by any means but they did win back to back WS. More recent history than a lot of MLB teams.

Yah, they've sucked in the past, so every move they make sucks. What a productive and enlightening discussion to have.....

I feel enlightened by your comment. Thanks for making it.

I feel enlightened by your comment. Thanks for making it.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. You owe me a beer.

Baptiste is the one player I don't want. The most overrated defensive back in the process.

Really I like him. I think he goes in the mid second round.

I thing the trade possibilities are known before you go on the clock. That is a part of the overall preparation. I doubt there is a lot of last second wheeling and dealing.

I don't believe this. With all the secrecy and misdirection I don't believe the Lions know all of the possibilities until they are on the clock. I don't think they believe anything any other team says until the picks are actually made.

I don't believe this. With all the secrecy and misdirection I don't believe the Lions know all of the possibilities until they are on the clock. I don't think they believe anything any other team says until the picks are actually made.

I don't think they really wanted to trade down. They wanted the pick.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. You owe me a beer.

:)

They made the pick in 30 seconds, there was never any thought to trading down made last night. Mayhew does this almost every year. He puts the pick in almost immediately. He did it with rieff and fairley too.

good teams can trade down and get more picks, more chances to land quality players. The lions trade up for overrated running backs.

I also agree with this. There is absolutely no risk in waiting seven minutes, calling a few teams you've had conversations with, then submitting your pick if nothing turns up. Zero risk. But there is the possibility of reward.

However remote the possibility of reward is, or however much you like your default option, if you pass up zero risk scenarios that promise reward, you fail. Anybody who says anything differently is demonstrably wrong. And they should play poker at my table so I can take their money.

I don't think they really wanted to trade down. They wanted the pick.

Agreed. That was the supposition that started this whole conversation.

Anybody seeing Ra'Shede Hageman as our 2nd pick?

He just went to Atlanta.

edit: haha just saw your second post