DTroppens

12-18-2013 Pistons@Celtics 7:30 p.m.

I won't be around here during the game tonight (work to do), but I had a comment I wanted to make in tonight's thread, so I'm starting it.

It wouldn't really mean that much, but for visual reasons I have one Christmas present I want from the Pistons. I want to see them at least at .500 by Christmas Day. This is one of four games the Pistons have until Christmas,. They are 12-14. The quest to go at least 3-1 over the next four starts tonight.

Let's do it!

It would be nice to see. That Portland really would have been nice. To be back at .500 while beating the 2 best teams of the league would have been perfect. Oh well.

Brad Stevens has done a nice job with the Celtics. Yeah, it's the East and all that. But 12-14 without Rondo playing a single game is pretty good.

Yah, sounds like they might go into go for it mode instead of tanking. Go for the playoffs that is. Sounds like an Asik trade may be coming. If they get it done without giving up Green, its a solid move. Bass and Lee would both fit well with Houston. Sounds like they'd give up one of those Nets picks too or something.

Yah, sounds like they might go into go for it mode instead of tanking. Go for the playoffs that is. Sounds like an Asik trade may be coming. If they get it done without giving up Green, its a solid move. Bass and Lee would both fit well with Houston. Sounds like they'd give up one of those Nets picks too or something.

Down 15-9 early. No defensive effort thus far. Dunks and layups for the celtics. Offense looks fine.

26-20. Pistons playing better. Brandon ****ing Jennings is a joke. Comes down the floor and takes pull up lean in 3 instead to passing to a wide open billups who was just standing still. Pass the damn ball.

Humphries misses an alley oop. Celtics get a 3 out of it. 33-20 now. Embarrassing effort right now. No defense. One and done jump shots.

35-20. 9 zip run. Flat out embarrassing effort. 36-20 now.

40 ****ing points for the celtics in the 1st quarter. Make it 42, last second alley-oop from half court goes in after the pistons turn it over. How do you beat the pacers and then give up 42 first quarter. No effort.

Interesting lineup with Pope, Billups, and Jennings out there together. Don't know if I have seen Pope play the three yet this year. I will support anything that leads to Pope getting more minutes.

Greg Kelser has been more critical of the Pistons this year. Like It!

Time to get Smith back in the game. Say what you want about his undisciplined defense but right now we need another shot blocker in there more than anything. This is ridiculous.

Left the bar at the end of the first and just got home to see the end of the 9-0 run the 'Stons went on.

Defense just looks like a "chase around the guy with the ball with as many players as we can spare"...offense has turned into how many 3's can we take since the run. Luckily one of them was a 4 pt play.

Jennings is a real head scratcher of a player.

Ugly basketball from both teams. These are 2 of the top 5 teams in the East and neither one would make the playoffs in the west.

Pistons getting back into this one nicely.

Honestly haven't cared one lick about this team since we got bounced in the ECFs a few years ago. Feels like night and day. Hope we continue to improve. We were fun to watch.