Shinma

12/16/13. Ravens @ Lions. MONDAY NIGHT. 8:45pm, ESPN. Week 15.

I'd like to think it would take a division win and at least one playoff win for Schwartz to keep his job. But sadly, based on history of a very loyal mr. Ford, I fear he may get another year (or more) even if we only win one of these last two games.

Well, we wasted the Barry years, may as well waste the Calvin years.

Actually, I would love for the Lions to trade him to a winner so he could taste victory. The guy is humble and very talented. He deserves to play on a winner.

Well, we wasted the Barry years, may as well waste the Calvin years.

Actually, I would love for the Lions to trade him to a winner so he could taste victory. The guy is humble and very talented. He deserves to play on a winner.

If he hadn't choked last night be could've played for a winner. Lmao if anyone feels sorry for him. He's just as much to blame as anyone else.

Let's not forget his remarkable interception that he caused at the end of the TB game. He's a typical Lion just like everyone else.

Edited by Unlock the Shrine

I don't think Chicago will win another game this year but GB isn't losing another game. They face the Steelers at home and the Bears on the road with Aaron Rodgers. Good luck getting them to lose either one of those games.

The Lions blew it. Oh well, find a new coach, find a new QB, and try again.

We don't need a QB. Stafford has a boatload of guaranteed money in his contract. What we need is the right coaches to teach him the fundamentals. Matthew has a strong arm and he's pretty bright. Drafting talented players means nothing if you don't develop them properly. Do you really think Brady would have ever won if the Lions drafted him? Either you are a stupid troll or you know nothing about football. Both would be my guess.

We don't need a QB. Stafford has a boatload of guaranteed money in his contract. What we need is the right coaches to teach him the fundamentals. Matthew has a strong arm and he's pretty bright. Drafting talented players means nothing if you don't develop them properly. Do you really think Brady would have ever won if the Lions drafted him? Either you are a stupid troll or you know nothing about football. Both would be my guess.

Ah yes, another clueless person that blames stafford being awful on schwartz

classic

Ah yes, another clueless person that blames stafford being awful on schwartz

classic

Why don't you SHOVE your opinion where the sun don't shine? You think you're so freaking smart but your hatred for Stafford shows that you are either brain dead or on drugs. Coaching makes no difference? So, answer the question. How many Super Bowls would Brady have won on the Lions.

ZERO.

It is true that Calvin was a big reason we lost last night. That first drop killed everything. We would have been inside the Ravens 30 and likely to take a 2 possession lead. Instead we punt.

If he hadn't choked last night be could've played for a winner. Lmao if anyone feels sorry for him. He's just as much to blame as anyone else.

Let's not forget his remarkable interception that he caused at the end of the TB game. He's a typical Lion just like everyone else.

Played for a winner? WTF are you on? Do you really believe if Calvin wouldn't have dropped a couple of passes yesterday the Lions would win the Super Bowl? Wake up and smell your armpits/breath. It's pretty rotten, just like your OPINIONS!

It is true that Calvin was a big reason we lost last night. That first drop killed everything. We would have been inside the Ravens 30 and likely to take a 2 possession lead. Instead we punt.

Yup, that was a huge momentum killer. All his drops were so key. Even teh one between the corner and the safety that STafford overthrew hit off both of his hands. The 3rd and 2 was like a mirror of the 1st drop and the 2 pointer was killer as well. Worst game of Calvin's career probably. I still worship at his altar, but the guy isn't without blame.

Why don't you SHOVE your opinion where the sun don't shine? You think you're so freaking smart but your hatred for Stafford shows that you are either brain dead or on drugs. Coaching makes no difference? So, answer the question. How many Super Bowls would Brady have won on the Lions.

ZERO.

Dang can you teach me how to read the future? That's a pretty cool talent you have

also, you mad? :happy:

Exactly what I said earlier. The Lions were moving the ball and had already scored. From the moment of that first drop, it changed the whole outlook of the game, and the lions weren't the same after the drop.

After almost 9 years of being on MTS, I have finally used the ignore feature. I'm still not sure why mods allow trolls to post.

Ignore works fortunately.

..... Do you really think Brady would have ever won if the Lions drafted him? ....

haha - In Brady's time at Michigan he was basically a one throw QB - crossing patterns 15-20 yrds deep. Ask him to do much beyond that and good luck - which is why he was a 6th round pick. Brady's growth with the Pat's was phenomenal. Coaching - or just watching Bledsoe? Who knows for sure? But hard to imagine coaching was not a big piece.

ZERO.

Don't feed the troll.

The Lions blew it. Oh well, find a new coach, find a new QB, and try again.

Right now, where do you rank Stafford among the starting QBs in the NFL? I rank him somewhere in a the middle of the pack with about 20 other QBs. I would say there are about 5 elite QBs and about 5 terrible QBs and then you got the QBs in the middle and that is where I would put Stafford. It is not that easy to find another NFL QB to replace Stafford. I would like to see how Stafford does with another coaching staff and then decide if he is worth keeping or not.

Right now, where do you rank Stafford among the starting QBs in the NFL? I rank him somewhere in a the middle of the pack with about 20 other QBs. I would say there are about 5 elite QBs and about 5 terrible QBs and then you got the QBs in the middle and that is where I would put Stafford. It is not that easy to find another NFL QB to replace Stafford. I would like to see how Stafford does with another coaching staff and then decide if he is worth keeping or not.

Coming into this season I would have ranked Stafford a lot higher than I am ranking him now. He has really regressed the last two years.

I don't think an NFL coaching staff is to blame for a 5 year starting QBs bad mechanics and constant mistakes, but the fact that he is regressing doesn't bode well for management. At the end of the day, he is your employee and you are not getting the most out of a $20 million per year investment the company is making.

When that happens, you get fired.

Personally, I think Schwartz should get fired whether they make the playoffs or not because they have not been successful under his leadership and do not seem to be improving.

Here's a question for the Schwartz needs to improve Stafford folks: does he get credit for Levy's great season? Did Schwartz make Levy into a great player? Does he get props for turning Suh into a more consistent defensive tackle? One of the best in the league. Does he get credit for taking an offensive line that most of us thought was junk and turning it into one of the better units in the football?

If you're going to criticize him for Stafford's regression, shouldn't you also praise him for the other parts of the team that are good?

After almost 9 years of being on MTS, I have finally used the ignore feature. I'm still not sure why mods allow trolls to post.

Same with me. After 7 years on MTS, for the first time I used the ignore feature - on him this afternoon.

Coming into this season I would have ranked Stafford a lot higher than I am ranking him now. He has really regressed the last two years.

I don't think an NFL coaching staff is to blame for a 5 year starting QBs bad mechanics and constant mistakes, but the fact that he is regressing doesn't bode well for management. At the end of the day, he is your employee and you are not getting the most out of a $20 million per year investment the company is making.

When that happens, you get fired.

Personally, I think Schwartz should get fired whether they make the playoffs or not because they have not been successful under his leadership and do not seem to be improving.

Here's a question for the Schwartz needs to improve Stafford folks: does he get credit for Levy's great season? Did Schwartz make Levy into a great player? Does he get props for turning Suh into a more consistent defensive tackle? One of the best in the league. Does he get credit for taking an offensive line that most of us thought was junk and turning it into one of the better units in the football?

If you're going to criticize him for Stafford's regression, shouldn't you also praise him for the other parts of the team that are good?

For the Levy, potentially. Depending on how much time he spent developing him or making recommendations to his development plan. Just as easily could’ve been Gun or the LB coaches though.

The OL is young enough that I don’t think he should get a ton of credit for their development. IMO that should go to their OL coach from college and/or to Washburn (elite level OL coach).

Sorry man, you can't compare the progress of a QB and a LB.

The QB is more important by a big margin, I want the coach to develop the QB. A team goes as far as the QB. I don't think Stafford has regressed at all, I think the Linehan.Schwartz.Stafford combo has been a disaster from the beginning, they all contribute. Schwartz doesn't care about mechanics, Linehan doesn't have a clue and Stafford is constantly reaffirmed that he can sling whatever way he wants. All of them think what they are doing should win them games and none of them will change.

Stafford needs a new voice and accountability. Either way, we will most likely find out next season. Small odds Schwartz will be around.

Sorry man, you can't compare the progress of a QB and a LB.

The QB is more important by a big margin, I want the coach to develop the QB. A team goes as far as the QB. I don't think Stafford has regressed at all, I think the Linehan.Schwartz.Stafford combo has been a disaster from the beginning, they all contribute. Schwartz doesn't care about mechanics, Linehan doesn't have a clue and Stafford is constantly reaffirmed that he can sling whatever way he wants. All of them think what they are doing should win them games and none of them will change.

Stafford needs a new voice and accountability. Either way, we will most likely find out next season. Small odds Schwartz will be around.

I'm not comparing a QB and a linebacker, I'm asking if you give Schwartz credit for the many players on this team that have improved on his watch.

I'm not comparing a QB and a linebacker, I'm asking if you give Schwartz credit for the many players on this team that have improved on his watch.

Sure, but I would say 90 percent of his evaluation is based on how he progresses the QB. A stud QB can win in the NFL with very little else.

Who are the many just out of curiosity? I don't think you can give Schwartz much credit for Suh because Suh was a top DT his rookie season and then regressed and just recently has regained form, it's not like he started off slow and has improved each and every year under Schwartz. Levy has had a nice season, yes. But he has been coached by Schwartz for the last 5 years, the 4 years prior he was absolutely nothing spectacular...did Schwartz all of a sudden do something different this offseason that clicked? But I am curious to hear who the other players that improved under Schwartz's tenure are...