DTroppens

2014 World Cup thread

Today is the "big day..."

NBA Draft

Tiger Woods returns to golf

and...

The Americans versus the Germans. Happy Thursday.

No, I just know you are from the Flint area and at least when I was that age the Stars were about the only travel team around. I went to school with a girl who played for the Steelers but I'm pretty sure they didn't have a boys team for my age group.

Yeah, I was 16 when the Steelers had a 18U team, but I don't remember them having too many boys teams. In fact they may have just put that team together for a few tournaments. Things were a lot different back then, had AYSO, the Stars and not much else. Now there are a few travel teams, not sure the stars even exist anymore. Did you play high school in the area? I knew quite a few players from around there, although I'm a few years older.

I am taking my former intern to lunch at Bdubs at noon, so at least I can watch some of it. I emailed her: "Hope you have world cup fever today." She is an athletic type, so I figured she would have picked up on the soccer thing.

Her response: "Not really even sure what that means. Is it the final games?"

Yeah, I was 16 when the Steelers had a 18U team, but I don't remember them having too many boys teams. In fact they may have just put that team together for a few tournaments. Things were a lot different back then, had AYSO, the Stars and not much else. Now there are a few travel teams, not sure the stars even exist anymore. Did you play high school in the area? I knew quite a few players from around there, although I'm a few years older.

Yeah, I played at Holly.

I am taking my former intern to lunch at Bdubs at noon, so at least I can watch some of it. I emailed her: "Hope you have world cup fever today." She is an athletic type, so I figured she would have picked up on the soccer thing.

Her response: "Not really even sure what that means. Is it the final games?"

Sounds like a biotch to me.

Sounds like a biotch to me.

Nah, she is pretty awesome. She is mythical, extremely hot and very smart all at the same time.

Nah, she is pretty awesome. She is mythical, extremely hot and very smart all at the same time.

She did not know what 'world cup fever' was though?

She did not know what 'world cup fever' was though?

She had no idea. In the building I work in there is probably 4 people (out of over 100) that have ever even heard of the world cup. Maybe 2 of those people know that it is happening right now.

Mythical?

Yeah, like the chimera, just leave out the breathing fire and being three different animals.

Just heard that Suarez has been suspended for 9 games. Does this mean we'll need to play Romine at short?

9 international games and 4 months banned from stadiums in any way I think. So that's the playoffs taken care of.

Is there anywhere online to follow the action?

Any video anywhere? Radio?

It's on the BBC website and may well be on BBC radio as well.

You'll almost certainly need to spoof it into thinking you're from here though.

It's on the BBC website and may well be on BBC radio as well.

You'll almost certainly need to spoof it into thinking you're from here though.

How do you spoof?

If Portugal holds on to this 1-0 game then the US would need to lose 5-0 to not advance (according to something I saw on Twitter).

If Portugal holds on to this 1-0 game then the US would need to lose 5-0 to not advance (according to something I saw on Twitter).

Bradley is pissing me off.

Germany dominated the first 15 minutes, Germany had slight advantage last 30.

0-0 halftime.

Is there anywhere online to follow the action?

Any video anywhere? Radio?

WatchESPN - just have to put your cable provider username and account in to watch for free