hail2mich

GDT: Michigan at Iowa 11/23/2013

So many plays where they lose yards. Gardner turned the wrong way after the snap, haha.

Michigan picks up the first down though on an 18 yard pass to jackson. First time Gardner got rid of the ball quickly when Iowa brought pressure.

Mihcigan can't go more than 3 plays without running a play that loses yards. I have never seen a team run so many negative plays.

haha, wow, Gardner runs for about 9 yards and then just lets iowa take the ball from him. What a weak play. This team is poorly coached.

lol, and then Iowa runs for 22 yards on 1st and 10. It's remarkable how bad this team has become.

If you want to blame someone for that play, look no further than Fitz Toussaint being unable to block someone for the 1,000,000th time this year

If he blocks #31 at all it's a first down instead of a fumble

Never mind that #31 has been in the backfield basically at the snap on every run play all game. The most predictable and miserable offensive playcalling.

Have only been able to watch the 2nd half, Michigan looks horrible. Iowa just ran it down their throat.

That's probably because they've been on the field for 800 plays in a row or so. When your defense forces 4 turnovers including a pick six you should probably win

lol, and then Iowa runs for 22 yards on 1st and 10. It's remarkable how bad this team has become.

Shane Morris must really stink if they're not playing him. Gardner is awful.

And that's the ball game. Michigan loses. Man, what happened to this team? They just get pushed around.

lol

Imagine a freshman QB with 0 running game and you get hit about 3 seconds into every passing play. And people think Gardner is bad...

Greg Davis > Al Borges

And that's the ball game. Michigan loses. Man, what happened to this team? They just get pushed around.

They have a bad offensive line that's compounded by horrible offensive playcalling and game planning....the same as they've been the entire season.

Remember when they got pushed around by Akron? And UConn? It's not like this is a new development.

Well, next week will be the bloodbath. Followed by the following week, which will again be an OSU bloodbath. I think I'd rather be 7-6 and end slaughtered by OSU to put me out of my misery than think I'm better than I am and get destroyed by them in the big 10 title game.

That's what I am wondering. If Gardner is clearly better than Morris than that means Morris is some kind of raw right now.

A minor thing, but lol at calling a TO after Iowa's first down on their final drive. Hoke's overwhelming deficiency in clock management is a disadvantage the team has to overcome every week.

lol

Imagine a freshman QB with 0 running game and you get hit about 3 seconds into every passing play. And people think Gardner is bad...

Greg Davis > Al Borges

They have a bad offensive line that's compounded by horrible offensive playcalling and game planning....the same as they've been the entire season.

Remember when they got pushed around by Akron? And UConn? It's not like this is a new development.

Gardner is responsible for a lot of the sacks the past 4 weeks or so. He never gets rid of the football. I'm sure that's on Fitz Toussant and the offensive line too.

Don't get me wrong, this offense is a tire fire, but Gardner is a big part of that problem.

Gardner is responsible for a lot of the sacks the past 4 weeks or so. He never gets rid of the football. I'm sure that's on Fitz Toussant and the offensive line too.

Don't get me wrong, this offense is a tire fire, but Gardner is a big part of that problem.

He doesn't get rid of the ball because no one is open and he gets hit almost instantly if anyone blitzes.

If you don't think the fact that Fitz Toussaint being incapable of blocking isn't a problem, then feel free to explain why Michigan has to put Joe Kerridge in on passing downs (completely telegraphing that it's a pass) because he's such a detriment to the team simply by being on the field.

I'm not saying Gardner is good, but putting a freshman QB into this situation would be utterly insane. It all reminds me of last year when Denard Robinson was trash and Devin Gardner was a real QB. Oh how things change.

He doesn't get rid of the ball because no one is open and he gets hit almost instantly if anyone blitzes.

If you don't think the fact that Fitz Toussaint being incapable of blocking isn't a problem, then feel free to explain why Michigan has to put Joe Kerridge in on passing downs (completely telegraphing that it's a pass) because he's such a detriment to the team simply by being on the field.

I'm not saying Gardner is good, but putting a freshman QB into this situation would be utterly insane. It all reminds me of last year when Denard Robinson was trash and Devin Gardner was a real QB. Oh how things change.

Well, we already know throwing Devin Gardner into this situation is insane, may as well try another guy.

This O just ebbs and flows depending on whether the line blocks. In the 1st Q they were hopeless. At the end of 1st half they got just a little decent blocking and Devin did OK and they scored some points - albeit on a short field. But the rest of time there are blackshirts are in the backfield before the snap is completed. You can't judge a QB or even a co-ordinator very much for good or ill when that is the case.

Devin will be fine with a little blocking and a little creativity with the route running. At any rate the backup is a guy who should red-shirt with 2 games left in the season. Might as well root for the guy. It's been a tough year for him and he's fought and held his head high, like a Michigan Man should. I feel he's #4 on the problem list offensively, but it's fine if people disagree, we'll find out next season anyway.

Good effort by the kids. But too many plays offensively that were over before they started. And an ill-timed fumble. I guess it's nice that all but 2 games have been competitive in the 4th quarter this year.

Didn't Morris burn his redshirt against MSU? Why not play him at this point? I would think Gardner would better serve the team as a big receiver.

hah he could have i had the tv off by that point. actually i think you are correct, remember some balls thrown into the ground against someone. at any rate, i don't think OSU is the game for a true frosh. if he wins the job in practice for the bowl game or next season, fine.