Sign in to follow this  
IdahoBert

Proud of my son

My 11-year-old son Mason is playing a lot of TheBigs2 baseball game on the Wii and every time he faces Kevin Youkilis he tries to hit him with a pitch. This is sort of like the "My kid beat up your honor student" bumper sticker thing but it still makes me smile every time he succeeds. Makes me want to put my arm around him and sing "We Shall Overcome." Just had to brag. I'm doing something right with this kid.

I'm sort of an emotional guy, and my eyes filled with tears of joy when I read that story. It's wonderful. There's a kid out there who already recognizes the truly important things in life.

I'm sort of an emotional guy, and my eyes filled with tears of joy when I read that story. It's wonderful. There's a kid out there who already recognizes the truly important things in life.

You don't tug on Superman's cape

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger

And you don't mess around with him

As a parent myself I love those moments when it appears that my kids may actually be paying attention and I get hopeful they may actually do alright in life.

Now if he takes Jered Weaver deep and prances his away around the basepaths you'll know you're legacy is in fine hands.

Mason just hit Youk two times in a row and the game replaced him with Lowell. "Oh my God, I killed Youkilis, Dad." Can't say he was too bothered by it. Hmmmm...I hope there isn't a tower and a sniper rifle in his future.

Bert, when this story goes viral you have a chance to be named Father of the Year. There will be some strong competition - Evander Holyfield, Calvin Murphy - but it is as a role model that your qualities really shine through.