Sign in to follow this  
hail2mich

GDT: Michigan at Northwestern 11/16/2013

Live From Ryan Field

ryan-field.jpg

Michigan (6-3, 2-3) at Northwestern (4-5, 0-5)

MichiganLogo_zpsa9df4a78.png

Day: Saturday

Date: November 16, 2013

Time: 3:30 PM EST

TV: BTN

Series Record: Michigan leads, 54-15-2

Last Meeting: Michigan won, 38-31 in OT last season

Last Games: Michigan lost to Nebraska, 17-13. Northwestern lost to Nebraska, 27-24.

2012 Highlights (and Pat Fitzgerald being a...)

vFRlQWhpXh8

Jason Avant is Magic

L5sQsm_aAyI

Edited by hail2mich

Lee Corso predicts "Michigan will lose all of the rest of their games."

Desmond Howard added "We all know what's wrong with Michigan. They're one of the youngest teams in the nation, and they're losing the battle up front - especially at the guard positions. However, at some point in time, you have to out coach your opponent. You pay these coordinators very well to figure out how to out scheme the opponent. It's time to earn your paycheck."

Can't say I disagree with either of them.

Northwestern totally isn't what we thought they were. Then again, neither is Michigan. I could definitely see UM losing out the rest of the season.

I can't remember any period of time where Michigan was this futile running the ball. I don't remember consecutive negative rushing yard games even when they were 3-9.

As I watch that Jason Avant catch, back in 2003 I believe, I can't help but think that there is maybe two current starters on Michigan (Lewan and Ryan) that would start on that 2003 team. Or pretty much any of those Lloyd Carr teams. It's hard to believe how far the talent level has fallen off in the past 8 or so years.

Michigan's drive started good, but stalled in the redzone. Gardner made two bad decisions on second and third down. I don't even know what he was trying to do on that third down play.

Michigan 3, America 0.

Why not try to throw a fade to Funchess? There is no way NW has a guy that can cover his size.

Borges needs to call plays that limits Gardner's decision making. He cannot make quick decisions in time, which just boggles my mind considering he is a bright guy off the field.

United States Flag Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Standards of Respect

The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations.

NW is drawing the attention to themselves. Not the wounded warriors. There are better ways to get that done than raping the flag of the greatest country on earth.