Unlock the Shrine

Brad Ausmus hired as new Tigers manager

Awesomus! Really glad they hired him. Though it's going to be a stressful situation for him to start with a team having such high expectations.

So, will Ausmus not automatically piss us off by looking forward to opportunities to sac bunt or for worshipping the sacred role of the closer? Or, are we just suffering from psychological projection for assuming he will really be different from most other managers?

He's new school

For real?

Yeah, he knows and respects sabermetrics. He's very smart, a Dartmouth graduate so he's likely to be good with pressure and knows how to think outside the box.

Yeah, he knows and respects sabermetrics. He's very smart, a Dartmouth graduate so he's likely to be good with pressure and knows how to think outside the box.
I should get out more. Thank you! This is truly exciting.

If they keep Lamont and JJ I will be comfortable with Ausmus. Otherwise I'll be nervous....either way it's exciting to see a young guy.

Reports are that Lamont is staying as bench coach.

Ausmus? Really? I like him as a person, but this is not a team you give to a rookie manager with absolutely no manager experience anywhere.Oh sorry, he managed Israel in the WBC, but they failed to qualify. Love the guy but he has done nothing to warrant a world series caliber team.

You guys can go ahead a flame away on me, but a special assistant to the GM don't make you a manager. Should he have a shot? sure, but not here not now.

• Like 1

Ausmus? Really? I like him as a person, but this is not a team you give to a rookie manager with absolutely no manager experience anywhere.Oh sorry, he managed Israel in the WBC, but they failed to qualify. Love the guy but he has done nothing to warrant a world series caliber team.

You guys can go ahead a flame away on me, but a special assistant to the GM don't make you a manager. Should he have a shot? sure, but not here not now.

You could have broke this news had it been on tmz.

Well, my only question is whether Ausmus is actually smart or if he's just smart because he has a good education, was a catcher, and is young

Still, I'm pretty happy that they'd take a risk and hire someone who could be the manager for a long time rather than going with Charlie Manuel or Lamont or something silly

This is a veteran team and not a bunch of punks that need guidance. At what point do men account for themselves and don't need a babysitter? If he can make the correct pitching moves, not play a guy that he shouldn't because of his love for him, I'm all for Brad. Being smart isn't a guarantee but being a veteran manager is no guarantee either.

This is a veteran team and not a bunch of punks that need guidance. At what point do men account for themselves and don't need a babysitter? If he can make the correct pitching moves, not play a guy that he shouldn't because of his love for him, I'm all for Brad. Being smart isn't a guarantee but being a veteran manager is no guarantee either.
Say it again. Amen.