JayVee

Leyland Stepping down as Manager

97.1 The Ticket is saying there is speculation that he may have been pushed out, as Dombrowski is making the announcement without Leyland.

Meh. JL told the players himself. I wouldn't want to face the media either, no matter whose decision it was.

The question then becomes, whose available? I'd like to see Manny Acta personally.

My only regret is that it's a year late. A year ago we could have gotten Francona.

Hated some of the moves Jim made over the years but he turned this whole organization around after his tirade in the beginning of the 06 season. He got them far a couple of times but just seemed to lose something in the world series both times.

The lack of decent candidates out there scares the crap out of me. If Dusty Baker gets hired I'm done. I live in Cincinnati and not a soul down here was sad to see him go. Not sure how I feel on Acta but I certainly don't want anyone in house managing this team. Only coach I want back is Jeff Jones, dump everyone else.

There's no way it's Dusty Baker. No way.

It'll be a young manager I feel. I think a guy like Acta I'm pretty sold on... seems right for this club.

Kirk Gibson makes a lot of sense.

Edited by CapitalTigers

I'm thinking he should have told the team before the playoffs he was going to retire, maybe that would have lit a spark under them, to get him a title on the way out

I'm thinking he should have told the team before the playoffs he was going to retire, maybe that would have lit a spark under them, to get him a title on the way out

I think it is possible he hinted at it.

37 posts into this thread, and I'm shocked Gibby's name hasn't been brought up by someone.

Perhaps the only guy on this earth I'd want less than Baker.

37 posts into this thread, and I'm shocked Gibby's name hasn't been brought up by someone.

Gibson is not going to leave his grit-filled Arizona roster.

I wonder if Gibby burned bridges when he left town 8 years ago.

He doesn't strike me as the sort to go quietly into the night.

You owe Capitaltigers a beer

Lynn G. Henning ‏@Lynn_Henning 2m

Easy choice -- for him and for the Tigers -- would have been Ron Gardenhire. Until a weary Twins team and manager agreed on a new deal.

Gibson would be horrible.

Fact is, Gibson is not a good manager, and the only reason anybody suggest him is because he was a good player for Detroit.