Jeff6851

2013-14 Offseason Thread

Yeah, completely ridiculous,

signed the early 90's Buffalo Bills

Ah, so the NL is just so much stronger than the AL that we are strong enough to win there, but the WS is our problem. Makes perfect sense. We win more playoff series ever year than your average playoff team wins and often outplay or match our seed.

Ah, so the NL is just so much stronger than the AL that we are strong enough to win there, but the WS is our problem. Makes perfect sense. We win more playoff series ever year than your average playoff team wins and often outplay or match our seed.

The matchups that usually come out of the NL indicated to me that the Tigers were very unlikely to win a series. I think the 2012 WS could be played 10 more times and the series would never go 7, with the Giants winning every time.

So yeah, the way the Tigers were constructed, I felt more confident against AL teams then I did against NL teams.

The matchups that usually come out of the NL indicated to me that the Tigers were very unlikely to win a series. I think the 2012 WS could be played 10 more times and the series would never go 7, with the Giants winning every time.

So yeah, the way the Tigers were constructed, I felt more confident against AL teams then I did against NL teams.

You might want to check our interleague play record.

I think the 2012 WS could be played 10 more times and the series would never go 7, with the Giants winning every time.

This is quite possibly the most insane thing I've ever read on this forum, and that includes my own posts. Wow.

Luis Marte DFA'd, according to MLBTR.

I always thought he had decent potential...don't we have other chum on our 40-man we could have ditched?

Take it FWIW, but Dombrowski was just on MLB Network with Chris Rose and Kevin Millar. He said Tigers had zero talk with the Dodgers about Kemp, and the Tigers are not interested in trading Scherzer. They want Scherzer to be a Tiger for a long time.

He also mentioned that they're basically set with positional players and the #1 focus now is adding another middle reliever.

Edited by Bonderman38

MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate | HardballTalk

I hate this decision. Just another play that will now be left up to the discretion of an umpire.

the umpire part is an issue, but on the other hand, with the size, strength and speed of modern athletes, leaving a hole in the rules for what amounts to a little bit of gird-iron action for players not wearing pads or attached helmets is just a waste of player investment money.

Take it FWIW, but Dombrowski was just on MLB Network with Chris Rose and Kevin Millar. He said Tigers had zero talk with the Dodgers about Kemp, and the Tigers are not interested in trading Scherzer. They want Scherzer to be a Tiger for a long time.

He also mentioned that they're basically set with positional players and the #1 focus now is adding another middle reliever.

I would think people would know by now that when it come to a Boras client, there will be enough FUD spread about in the course of the negotiation and signing process to make Microsoft proud. I swear the man must pay impostors to make phone calls to major league and media offices to generate so much buzz that everyone subsequently denies.

Luis Marte DFA'd, according to MLBTR.

I always thought he had decent potential...don't we have other chum on our 40-man we could have ditched?

He had shoulder surgery last year I think, they probably assume no one else will take a chance on him.

I would think people would know by now that when it come to a Boras client, there will be enough FUD spread about in the course of the negotiation and signing process to make Microsoft proud. I swear the man must pay impostors to make phone calls to major league and media offices to generate so much buzz that everyone subsequently denies.

In a World where A-Rod has "fans" being paid $20 an hour to protest outside his arbitration hearings…yeah, I'd believe it.

There is no formula to winning in the post-season.

Every team can claim if it ran better, pitched better, hit better, hit for more power, ... , it would have done better.

Yeah. If they are going after a starter, I would definitely think somebody else is going.

If they're stupid enough to trade a really good SP like Scherzer or Porcello for the right to give up a draft pick and 60+ million dollars to sign a guy who's had one good year in the last few, then just wow

If you're going to do that, at least go after someone that has a really high ceiling like Garza or Jimenez

But I don't believe that they're going after him for a second

There is no formula to winning in the post-season.

Untrue. While playoff baseball is difficult to predict due to the short series, trends do emerge over time. There is a reason the A's never win in the playoffs, and why Dombrowski built teams usually do.

Untrue. While playoff baseball is difficult to predict due to the short series, trends do emerge over time. There is a reason the A's never win in the playoffs, and why Dombrowski built teams usually do.

sigh

The Red Sox may not have won the series because they have speed, but you could argue that we lost it because we DIDN'T have speed. A couple more steals, extra bases taken and runs in the right spots and we probably win.

You could say they lost for any number of reasons. Change the location of two pitches and they likely win. You can't draw any conclusions from a short series. In a short series the worst team in the league can beat the best team in the league.

The general sense among teams involved in the Choo sweepstakes is whichever team goes to eight years will land him, tweets Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports. He's believed to have a seven-year offer in hand already.

LOL. Either Boras is really pushing the Overton window on this one with his rumor-mongering, or someone is incredibly, mind-bendingly stupid.

No, when two good teams meet it's always pretty close to a 50 50 shot. Sometimes you flip heads 3 times in a row.