Jeff6851

2013-14 Offseason Thread

I just don't feel like this is the offseason where you want to make small moves considering Verlander/Scherzer/Cabrera are all in their primes and that is not going to last much longer. Verlander/Cabrera will be 31 next year and Scherzer will be 30. Sanchez will also be 30.

Dombrowski seems to think when he made the Fister trade people would appreciate the move just like past trades. Doesn't seem like he thought the overwhelming opinion was that he got fleeced. No GM would want to hear that.

Can never take too much from what he says, but if he is truthful about his plans going forward I think the Tigers will struggle to make the playoffs.

The tigers roster as of today is probably the second best in baseball trailing only the Red Sox.

Of course, there are still many moves to be made across baseball, but their hitters and pitchers currently project to a total of around 45 war, which is about 5 better than the Indians and royals.

If DD doesn't like the criticism he's getting for the Fister trade, then the lesson to be learned is don't make suck-*** trades in the future...

The tigers roster as of today is probably the second best in baseball trailing only the Red Sox.

The Cardinals have to be part of that discussion as well.

But yeah. This team could make zero more moves and still be one of the top teams in baseball. People are overreacting, as is usual on the internet.

That Lynn Henning chat is hilarious.

He is really bitter that a high school kid broke the Fister story before him.

Henning is not a beat writer. He's a columnist who never breaks stories and I don't think it's his job to break stories. He's probably irritated that people think he's not doing his job.

But yeah. This team could make zero more moves and still be one of the top teams in baseball. People are overreacting, as is usual on the internet.

I think the Tigers are as good as the Red Sox who have lost Ellsbury/Napoli. The Cardinals are probably #1.

Cards are third according to fangraphs.

Henning is not a beat writer. He's a columnist who never breaks stories and I don't think it's his job to break stories. He's probably irritated that people think he's not doing his job.

Henning was dealing with Jeff Moss and his merry band of idiots during the chat.

Moss showing once again how "class" is absent from his dictionary.

Henning was dealing with Jeff Moss and his merry band of idiots during the chat.

Moss showing once again how "class" is absent from his dictionary.

Jeff Moss is a miserable human being. I've got him blocked on facebook, twitter

Jeff Moss is a miserable human being. I've got him blocked on facebook, twitter

It kinda seemed Howard Stern-ish

Loved it. "Put a name to it. ". "He criticizes us for not having a system then criticizes us when we use our system to make deals saying we gave up too much"

That second part is a quote too? Wow.

That second part is a quote too? Wow.

Paraphrases somewhat. The gist is we have no system then we acquire good players and we have no system but you say we gave up too much?

I've never heard of Jeff Moss before today but if he's that universally hated by the idiots here I guess I don't need to know any more than that.

I've never heard of Jeff Moss before today but if he's that universally hated by the idiots here I guess I don't need to know any more than that.

He's essentially a troll but has a large following. He's very vicious to the media and players. In fact I think he got snarky when Brian died. Ripping the site and members. He broke one story and has been living off that for over 10 years. He's the epitome of what's wrong with the internet. He's not cle ver in a deadspin or firejoemoegan way.

Paraphrases somewhat. The gist is we have no system then we acquire good players and we have no system but you say we gave up too much?

I don't like Keith Law, but this is just silly. The Tigers are criticized for having a barren farm system, that has nothing to do with Doug Fister. Unless he regained prospect status while I wasn't paying attention.

I doubt even Keith Law has claimed that the Tigers don't have a good major league roster.

I don't like Keith Law, but this is just silly. The Tigers are criticized for having a barren farm system, that has nothing to do with Doug Fister. Unless he regained prospect status while I wasn't paying attention.

I doubt even Keith Law has claimed that the Tigers don't have a good major league roster.

He was referencing the minor league system. If it sucks then how do they give up too much? When has he given up too much in a trade?

I think DD is referring to the law comments from a couple years back where he criticized the tigers acquiring fister in the first place.

That makes sense. If the tigers system was and is trash, then most trades they make from their system to get major league help should be praised.