Fenway

The view from Boston

Back home after 3 days in Detroit and enjoyed being in the city regardless of the outcome. Yesterday I went out to Tiger Stadium as did the Boston Globe.

Tiger Stadium: some miss it, some don’t - Sports - The Boston Globe

Most fans here seem resigned that it will go 7 as there is little faith in Clay Buchholz having a good outing....but who knows?

Best thing about this series is the Sox/Tigers rivalry has been rekindled after 41 years. ( The last 3 games in 1972 were elimination baseball )

I expect great baseball.

Well, we've covered both the jinx and the reverse jinx.

Nothing left to see here.

Baseball sucks.

Tigers will win on Saturday. Sunday will be an epic game that will be talked about forever. Not sure whether it will be good or bad.

Most Tigers fans think the Tigers will win on Saturday but I'm worried, I think if we score some runs we will, but if were expecting Scherzer to throw a gem and we only have to score 1 or 2 to get it done I don't. I think the Red Sox will get to Scherzer the 2nd time they face him this series and score a few runs,(much like they did to Sanchez), and the Tigers are gonna have to score 5 or more to win. If they do that we'll win, but I'm not expecting a dominating performance from Max, I'm thinking more like 6IP 3Rs.

Most Tigers fans think the Tigers will win on Saturday but I'm worried, I think if we score some runs we will, but if were expecting Scherzer to throw a gem and we only have to score 1 or 2 to get it done I don't. I think the Red Sox will get to Scherzer the 2nd time they face him this series and score a few runs,(much like they did to Sanchez), and the Tigers are gonna have to score 5 or more to win. If they do that we'll win, but I'm not expecting a dominating performance from Max, I'm thinking more like 6IP 3Rs.

Sanchez barely got by in Game 1 and wasn't that great is his only other postseason start. Max, on the other hand, has been great in both of his starts and relief appearance. I don't think they'll hit him around. Shutout probably not but I don't think it'll be a repeat on Game 5.

8 PM start now - It will be 57 and clear at gametime but rain could be a factor after 11 PM.

These is very much like the 2013 Stanley Cup Final as these 2 teams are dead even.

As someone else posted if it goes to a Game 7 it will be a game for the ages.

ANYTHING can happen at Fenway Park - ask Bucky Dent :wink:

The thought of Joe West being the home plate umpire for Game 7 terrifies me.

Edited by Fenway

Something tells me I have a very different view from Boston than the OP... but for once I'm going to be a nice person and just say hello. :)

Even with the offense struggling, Tigers fans have to believe that the starting pitching favors them in the next 2 games. Now while Max and JV may not repeat their performances, you still feel good with those 2 on the mound.

Even with the offense struggling, Tigers fans have to believe that the starting pitching favors them in the next 2 games. Now while Max and JV may not repeat their performances, you still feel good with those 2 on the mound.

If they are going to need to win two elimination games, I'm not sure who else they would want out on the mound.

One of these teams will hang the picture of a postseason classic on its wall as it heads to the World Series. The other will hang its head in dismay. Either the Red Sox or the Tigers are going to lose the ALCS. But the truth is this is such an entertaining, enthralling, engaging, engrossing series that those witnessing it are winners.

This series already deserves a place among the top 10 postseason encounters in Red Sox history. It has been an instant-classic of an ALCS that has had everything, well, except a Prince Fielder run batted in.

Only one team will survive this classic ALCS - Sports - The Boston Globe

I just hope the Boston Police have a good plan for tonight. 9 years ago BPD accidentally killed a 21 year old student who was an innocent onlooker.

Officials prepare to Sox championship celebration | Metro News - WCVB Home

I'm personally hoping that there will be no need to carry out such a plan, and that I'll be looking at a lot of tired, disappointed eyes when I go into work Monday morning.

This was a series for the ages.

I texted Oblong during the game that the Fielder base-running mishap would cost the Tigers the game and it certainly played a part.

What staggers me is that John Farrell out-managed Jim Leyland in this series.

It was a fantastic series and I just want to thank the Michigan fans who were so nice to us this week.

I hope you will root for us against St. Louis.

1381614_10201717280666482_1952037303_n.jpg

Edited by Fenway

I try to stay out of the game threads during the game, but I have appreciated the comments from you I have read.

I try to stay out of the game threads during the game, but I have appreciated the comments from you I have read.

I FULLY understand how badly Mike Ilitch wants to win before he passes and it saddens me that to the best of my knowledge he was not at any of the games.

NOBODY in Boston saw this coming - but Ben Cherington built a team. Theo Epstein leaving for the Cubs made this possible.

I feel for Detroit fans as Prince's contract maybe a bigger headache than A-Rod's with NYY.