Sign in to follow this  
FRM710

Michigan Basketball 2013/2014 season

Worked out pretty well with last seasons thread so.....

Kameron Chatmon 6'7 wing commits to UM over AZ and a few others.

From Detnews:

Beilein got a verbal commitment Tuesday from four-star recruit Kameron Chatman, a 6-foot-7 wing from Portland, Ore. Chatman is rated 23rd overall in the class by Scout.com and No. 29 by Rivals.com; he joins big man Ricky Doyle and wing Austin Hatch in Michigan’s ’14 class.

Chatman announced his commitment on Twitter late Tuesday night: "I'm proud to say I will be a Michigan Wolverine next year.”

Chatman chose Michigan over Arizona, Oregon and Southern California.

Listing Chatman as its No. 12 small forward — and No. 49 player overall in the nation — ESPN.com notes:

From The Detroit News: Four-star wing Kameron Chatman commits to Michigan | The Detroit News

Edited by FRM710

Donte Grantham announcing on Friday, he is down to UM & Clemson. Scout has him as the #21 SF with some thinking he will move into a PF role if he picks UM.

UM also in on Booker and Blackmon although Booker seems to be leaning towards KY.

Wolverine coaches had in home visits with Grantham, announcing noon on Friday and with Blackmon. DJ Wilson, 6'8 PF from CA, and Booker both visiting UM this weekend with word that Wilson is very high on UM and wouldn't be shocking to see him commit.

UM Bball prospects

Grantham commits to Clemson.

Booker and Wilson visiting this weekend, Wilson could commit as UM seems to be his favorite based on earlier comments.

Pretty excited about this year again. Tournament run was unreal, but I'd like to dominate the big ten. Win it outright.

At this point I'm thinking one big game thread for everything until conference play starts. Hopefully we don't suck!

I like the one big game thread idea. Michigan should be good again this year. I am really excited to see the development of GR III, McGary and Stauskas. Irving and Walton Jr will be an interesting story line too.

I hear Lavert may start at the point, as he has been the most improved player in practices. I don't know how well he'd run the point but that would be one big starting lineup. Walton and Irving off the bench would be pretty nice too.

Combine that with the way people are talking about GRIII and I think we may have a pretty damn good squad this year. I don't know if they'll make the finals, but I think they'll be better in Big 10 play.

I hear Lavert may start at the point, as he has been the most improved player in practices. I don't know how well he'd run the point but that would be one big starting lineup. Walton and Irving off the bench would be pretty nice too.

Combine that with the way people are talking about GRIII and I think we may have a pretty damn good squad this year. I don't know if they'll make the finals, but I think they'll be better in Big 10 play.

Start or play some point? I have read that they could go all big with him at PG but not to start. Beilein's offenses the last few years have become more PG dominant so it wouldn't surprise me to see him mix it up now that he experience and talent with Mitch and Robinson.

I know it's an exhibition. And I know it's against Concordia. But seeing some of the highlights from the exhibition tonight has me fired up for the season.

I think Lavert & GRIII are the keys this year. If Lavert can become the kind of threat that Trey Burke was, UM should be in good position for a long run in the tournament again.

Booker is going to Kentucky. Sounds like Blackmon is now leaning IU.

Preseason rankings are out.

Michigan is #7. Other Big Ten teams are:

#2 MSU

#11 OSU

#20 Wisconsin

Indiana and Iowa are just outside of the top 25.

If you have nothing else going on, Michigan is currently playing Wayne St. in an exhibition. It's on the BTN.

Stauskas and Robinson officially declare for the draft. No big surprise. McGary still hasn't decided.

booooooo. I knew they would both probably be gone, but I'm still bummed. Oh well. Thanks to both of them for the memories.

Now if McGary stays I'll feel somewhat hopeful about next year.

Smart on both regards, for different reasons. For Stauskas his stock is never going to be higher, so he might as well go, for Robinson, even though he'll probably only be a late 1st(around 20 or so) it's more than what he would be this time next year after teams and scouts can pick apart his game for another year. He still has that "potential to do..." tag, if he would've came back another year and proved that he can't create his own shot or consistently shoot from the outside the "potential to..." tag would've taken another huge hit. I think the fact that GRIII went pro shows that even he doesn't believe in his own ability. Because if he does believe in it he should've came back, because if he could show those things(creating own shot and shooting from the outside) next year to go along with his athleticism and likely weaker draft(especially if Silver does make it a 2 and done like what was being discussed) than he could be a top 5 pick next year instead of likely being drafted late in the 1st by a great team and riding the pine during your rookie contract like he will be now.

GRIII probably didn't want to play out of position for 3 years in a row.

And for the 2 and done rule. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon. The players don't even have a union president right now, so no way they negotiate that without one. Best guess would be 2017 when a new CBA is put in place. So I guess that would mean for the 2018 draft.

GRIII probably didn't want to play out of position for 3 years in a row.

And for the 2 and done rule. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon. The players don't even have a union president right now, so no way they negotiate that without one. Best guess would be 2017 when a new CBA is put in place. So I guess that would mean for the 2018 draft.

Probably true about Robinson. Unfortunately I don't think he was better than the guys JB has played at the 3.

If I was Robinson I'd have come back. I think it was a good chance to show he can be "the man". Fair point by Del on him having to play out of position though at the same time.

I wish the both of them success. We'll move on without them