RedRamage

The "official" How Hot is Schwartz Seat now? thread

Smith and Wisenhut both have different approaches but are great options.

Smith would bring a defensive culture to the lions that we desperately need.

If you're not in jeopardy of your OC or DC being poached for a HC job, they're probably not top tier. I wonder if we'd be in the same pickle with different coord's.

I'd be fine with Tom Coughlan, or Lovie Smith, or Jon Gruden. I'd be happier with a lot people as long as they're not Jim Schwartz.

I'd be fine with Tom Coughlan, or Lovie Smith, or Jon Gruden. I'd be happier with a lot people as long as they're not Jim Schwartz.

Me too, however sadly this is the Lions owned by the Ford's so I'm not convinced Schwartz will be fired.

Smith and Wisenhut both have different approaches but are great options.

Smith would bring a defensive culture to the lions that we desperately need.

If you're not in jeopardy of your OC or DC being poached for a HC job, they're probably not top tier. I wonder if we'd be in the same pickle with different coord's.

Jim Schwartz is a defensive coach. I think the best direction for the Lions is to bring in a guy with a really good track record with QBs.

Also, it looks like Rodgers may not be cleared again. If that's the case the Lions do still have a shot at this thing, which would definitely save Schwartz' job.

Bears have to go to Philly and then GB has to play the Steelers without Rodgers (hopefully).

I'd be interested to see if Brian Kelly could coach/mentor Stafford-- that being said ND has been by and large average minus last year under Kelly.

At the end of the day, i think Schwartz will find a way out of this, Bears lose to Philly, GB loses to Chi and Detroit goes in at 9-7 and he keeps his job.

Also, it looks like Rodgers may not be cleared again. If that's the case the Lions do still have a shot at this thing, which would definitely save Schwartz' job.

Bears have to go to Philly and then GB has to play the Steelers without Rodgers (hopefully).

If the Bears and Packers lose this week, the Lions control their destiny again as sad as that sounds.

I have a feeling that it comes down to the Minnesota game with everything on the line and the Lions blow it. That would be the most "Lion" scenario possible and it's very plausible.

If the Bears and Packers lose this week, the Lions control their destiny again as sad as that sounds.

I have a feeling that it comes down to the Minnesota game with everything on the line and the Lions blow it. That would be the most "Lion" scenario possible and it's very plausible.

The good news is Rodgers is out this week.

Let's say the Bears and the Lions win and Green Bay loses this weekend. Green Bay would be sitting at 7-7-1 and Chicago would be 9-6, so Green Bay would be done. I would bet that Rodgers would not play against Chicago in the last week of the season as it would be a meaningless game for them. Philadelphia needs to beat Chicago Sunday night.

Philly is the key to this all. They can't crap themselves again like they did vs. Minny.

Actually the key is the Washington Redskins. If the Redskins can beat Dallas in the 1pm game, the Eagles can clinch the NFC East with a win over the Bears on Sunday night. If the Cowboys win, the Eagles have no incentive and will rest players for their finale at Dallas, which would decide the division. That game's outcome will be huge, otherwise the Bears will smash a half-hearted Eagles effort.

And then you'll have certain radio hosts 'cough caputo cough' defending schwartz and cherry picking the fact that if not for 3 dropped passes by CJ the lions win 2 more games. Apparently, according to Caputo, Schwartz isn't to blame for the 7-7 record. I will say hes' not the only one to blame, but he's got plenty of blame on his hands.

It could have meant Andy Reid as the head coach of the Lions. I would have loved that.

In this weeks NFL games, Philadelphia beating Chicago would give them the head to head tiebreaker with Chicago and they already hold the head to head tiebreaker against Detroit and Green Bay too. It could mean the difference between the 3 and 4 seed in the NFC so Philadelphia should be going all out for the win against Chicago.

I don't think anybody can characterize the WCFS/WCFJ ownership because they seem to drift around.

Sometimes they spend and sometimes they don't, sometimes they go for a big name HC and sometimes they go for an unknown. My perception of WCFS is that he's a very loyal person, sometimes he's been a big spender and sometimes he's been stingy.

I think WCFJ sees himself as innovative but isn't always calling the shots...who knows if WCFJ is a big spender or cheap or just bottom-line oriented? Obviously WCFJ has gained influence but who knows how involved he is given his other commitments?

Also, WCFJ may be a brilliant man but that's no guarantee that he is smart about HCs....that's not an easy decision in any case.

I think the only sure thing that one can say about WCFS is that he is one of the worst sports owners in history and the only thing one can say about WCFJ with any certainty is that he's not his dad. Beyond that it's all a crapshoot....I think until WCFS dies the Lions will continue to be a muddle....and there's no guarantee that WCFJ will be a success, although I have a very hard time seeing him failing like his dad has.

Every week all anyone in the NFL says is, "The Lions are talented enough to win any game, but...."

Can you imagine the response from the NFL press if the Fords let Schwartz come back?

Every week all anyone in the NFL says is, "The Lions are talented enough to win any game, but...."

Can you imagine the response from the NFL press if the Fords let Schwartz come back?

Get your imagination working. This is Ford, the same guy who gave Matt Millen an extension.

I don't think anybody can characterize the WCFS/WCFJ ownership because they seem to drift around.

Sometimes they spend and sometimes they don't, sometimes they go for a big name HC and sometimes they go for an unknown. My perception of WCFS is that he's a very loyal person, sometimes he's been a big spender and sometimes he's been stingy.

I think WCFJ sees himself as innovative but isn't always calling the shots...who knows if WCFJ is a big spender or cheap or just bottom-line oriented? Obviously WCFJ has gained influence but who knows how involved he is given his other commitments?

Also, WCFJ may be a brilliant man but that's no guarantee that he is smart about HCs....that's not an easy decision in any case.

I think the only sure thing that one can say about WCFS is that he is one of the worst sports owners in history and the only thing one can say about WCFJ with any certainty is that he's not his dad. Beyond that it's all a crapshoot....I think until WCFS dies the Lions will continue to be a muddle....and there's no guarantee that WCFJ will be a success, although I have a very hard time seeing him failing like his dad has.

Ford has always spent big money on coaches, he's just done it on the wrong coaches.

Werder backed off that report. I doubt it was true. Money has never been an issue with the Ford's. They throw money around all the time; they are just incapable of using the money correctly.

Hello everyone! First post. I've been a reader of the forums since the Tigers playoff run a few months ago and finally made an account to contribute. I stumbled across the forums from Google I'm posting from the city of Midland.

My Christmas wish this season is Schwartz being canned by the time I wake up tomorrow after another incompetent display by the Lions. Stafford and this whole team is a mess right now. This season has collapsed horribly. It will be fun to see what happens during the offseason.

Hello everyone! First post. I've been a reader of the forums since the Tigers playoff run a few months ago and finally made an account to contribute. I stumbled across the forums from Google I'm posting from the city of Midland.

My Christmas wish this season is Schwartz being canned by the time I wake up tomorrow after another incompetent display by the Lions. Stafford and this whole team is a mess right now. This season has collapsed horribly. It will be fun to see what happens during the offseason.

Welcome to the board

..and nice avatar. I notice the lion is appropriately headless!

I don't think Schwartz survives this. Had they pulled a playoff spot out of their arse, probably so, but not after another second half **** show like this. I think Jr has more influence now than he did during the Millen Era, and I don't think he is nearly as loyal as his Pops. I think they'll clean house from Mayhew on down.