Shinma

9/15/13. Lions @ Cardinals. 4:05pm. Fox. Week 2.

I'm not too sure about that. The Lions organization is very much a "good 'ol boys" network, and as long as Schwartz doesn't completely embarrass himself I'm confident his job will be safe.

I hope, dream, wish, etc. that if the Lions win 7 or less games, Schwartz will be gone.

Yesterday, right before half was a major mistake by Schwartz. With three timeouts, you need to try to put points on the board. Not only does he sit on the ball, but he decides to put an injured Bush in to run the ball.

Edited by nd1377

Before the season, my worst case scenario was a finish of 7-9 or 6-10 that allows Mayhew and Schwartz to keep their jobs.

I am astounded by the lack of coaching these players receive. How in the world can Michael Spurlock NOT be given a red light for any kick he fields five or more yards deep in the end zone? He backed us up against our end zone on multiple occasions - including the possession that Bush fumbled. And how do you NOT take a shot from good field position and with three timeouts with almost a minute left at the end of the half?

Schwartz just does not seem to know what he's doing.

I'm going to see if I can go through an entire Lions' season without complaining about anything. Two weeks into the season, I haven't felt the urge to say anything here about the good or the bad. Of course, I did a little bit of that on facebook during last week's first half. :classic:

Honestly though, about a year ago I came to the realization that the Lions aren't going to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. It's just not going to happen. Nothing has relaxed me about this team more than realizing that to be the case. I still have the one or two occasional moments when I'm "my old self" with this team, but those times are much less frequent. I don't even think I raised my voice the entire fourth quarter yesterday - certainly didn't do it during the negative times.

Maybe that above paragraph qualifies as "negative" so maybe I've already ended my declaration. However, I don't think it does. It's just explaining how I've gotten to another place with the Lions. I still root for them. I still want to see them do well and want to see them in a Super Bowl. But for the most part for the last year-plus how I approach this team has made my fall/winter Sundays happier and healthier, and that's a good thing.

I'm not using words like "Lions free." I'm not that. I'll always watch them. But my shackles with them and what they could do to my physical and emotional health like they've done most of my life isn't nearly as damaging over the last year. That's a good thing.

Honestly though, about a year ago I came to the realization that the Lions aren't going to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

I have thought about this. I don't know how old you are but a franchise can be turned around pretty quick. I think the Lions have some nice pieces to work with. As I said above, if the Lions win 7 or less games, we will see a new coach next season and it would be great if the Lions got lucky and hired a coach that would be successful in Detroit.

iezjJ3x1J5AfY.gif

With 1:42 left 13 seconds prior to this little fist bump.

(1:42) 3-C.Palmer pass to 18-K.Taylor to DET 48 for 16 yards (23-C.Houston). PENALTY on DET-77-I.Idonije, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at DET 48.

With 1:49 left 20 seconds prior to this little fist bump.

(1:49) (Shotgun) 3-C.Palmer sacked at ARI 25 for -6 yards (94-E.Ansah). FUMBLES (94-E.Ansah), RECOVERED by DET-79-W.Young at ARI 26. 79-W.Young to ARI 26 for no gain (74-P.Fanaika). PENALTY on DET-79-W.Young, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at ARI 31 - No Play.

The end result of that drive.

(14:23) 4-J.Feely 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-82-M.Leach, Holder-9-D.Zastudil

EVERY single play in the NFL the ref can throw a flag. Every. Play.

Ha! Here's the link: NFL Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade - ESPN

"Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure would welcome a trade to a team that would rely on him more, a source told ESPN."

A source... Undoubtedly his agent.

PS: You have to have value to be traded.

Trade him for some equipment. He's got to be worth at least 2 tackling dummies and a blocking sled. Hopefully Mayhew reads this

With 1:42 left 13 seconds prior to this little fist bump.

With 1:49 left 20 seconds prior to this little fist bump.

The end result of that drive.

EVERY single play in the NFL the ref can throw a flag. Every. Play.

That being said, there was roughing the passer, there was hands to the face. I don't think we should be blaming the refs when we get caught committing penalties. The Lions are, as I pointed out in the Schwartz hot seat thread the #3 most penalized team since Schwartz took over, we have the unanimously voted dirtiest player in the NFL...I don't blame the refs for not giving us the benefit of the doubt, why should they? This loss wasn't on the refs, it was on the players and coaching staff...blaming anyone else is nonsense.