Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

NBA Info - September 2013

Report: Celtics’ Sullinger arrested on domestic violence charge

Celtics big man Jared Sullinger has been arrested in a Boston area suburb of Waltham on a domestic violence charged related to an incident with his girlfriend, reports CSNNE.com.

The incident happened Sunday night and Tuesday morning Sullinger turned himself in to authorities. He has been charged with battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation and is expected to be arraigned on Tuesday.

According to reports, police were called out to Sullinger’s residence on Saturday night, but when they arrived he was not there. Soon a warrant was issued for his arrest.

In his rookie season last year, Sullinger averaged 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, playing well for the Celtics until he was forced to have back surgery that kept him out the rest of the season.

This is a serious charge and if guilty Sullinger should face the weight of the law.

Forgot to post a link. But the Suns will use the stretch provision on Beasley.

It lets them stretch his cap hit. If a guy had 2 years and $10M left on his deal. Instead of 2 years of $5M cap hits you could stretch it (Years left on contract * 2) + one year. So that would turn into 5 years of $2M per year cap hits.

Seven Ways the NBA's New Camera System Can Change the Future of Basketball - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

Still blows me away that it costs $100K and there were teams without it.

$5.2M a year for a player like Darko? Sure!

$100K to improve the team? Hell no!

Of course, those teams now have the system for free. So what the hell do I know.

I watched the Italy-Russia game yesterday. I got caught up making some calls and doing some other things, so I wasn't watching that close. But I don't think there was even one dunk in the entire game.

Chris Mullin is reportedly set to join the Sacramento Kings front office

That picture of Penny Marshall. Is she the ugliest human being alive? Even when she was young and playing Laverne she wasn't much to look at.

It may be a depressing way to look at things, but I have found no matter how ugly, stupid, boring, annoying, ... somebody is, there is always someone else out there more so.

(EDIT: I know your question was rhetorical)

Odom seems like a great guy who has had a terrible life. Drug abuse in his family, a lot of deaths..really hope he can get his life together and be happy.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound good.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/376011384657809408

Per @PeopleMag, Lamar Odom has checked out of rehab facility after one day.

Report: Minnesota undecided on picking up Derrick Williams

I can't recall if I posted the article or not. But Zach Lowe wrote something saying we will see more of this in the future. I guess the raise in the 4th year is significant and with the new CBA, teams just aren't willing to keep someone around and hope he blossoms.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/376046981971726336

Y! Sources: New York's J.R. Smith suspended 5 games for violating NBA's substance abuse policy. Y! SPORTS

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/376046795362533376

Knicks' J.R. Smith suspended 5 game for violating drug policy. He will serve suspension after recovering from offseason knee surgery.
Re: J.R. Smith suspension, players receive a 5-game drug suspension after a third failed test for recreational drugs such as weed.