hail2mich

GDT: Notre Dame at Michigan 9/7/2013

I think the Big House is going to be as loud and raucous as we've ever seen & heard it.

- Last game in forever against ND.

- "Not a rivalry."

- Night game.

- Hoke 15-0 at home

If we don't come "SEC" hard as a stadium/atmosphere/experience I'd be shocked.

Factor in last year's game (13-6, on the road, and with six turnovers) on top of that and I see a nice easy win. 34-16 or something.

Calling for isolated thunderstorms in AA tonight. Hopefully we don't see a weather delay.

We just found some yellow rain ponchos...now if the lightening just stays away.

I think it comes down to Devin Gardner not turning the ball over frequently and Al Borges' game plan. Gardner needs to be in control with his throws and not just lob something up and hope his guy comes down with it; this sort of happened last week with the early INT against Central. Obviously the more collected and controlled he is with his throws the better it is for Michigan.

Al Borges' game planning and subsequent ability to adjust is the other key to me. This new look offense that Borges is rolling out this year still needs to play to Garnder's strongest abilities, i.e. let the man run. I think there still needs to be plays designed specifically for his strongest ability and threat to the opponent. Borges likes to be under center a lot, use I-Formations with his runningbacks and in general run a pro-style offense. I'm not under the belief that Gardner won't have any success in these situations, I'm just concerned they won't be getting the best out of him. If Garnder proves more successful working with options plays and making quick reads occasionally to run instead of pass, Borges needs to let the kid do that. If we get to halftime and Notre Dame is giving Gardner fits while running Borges gameplan, changes need to be made in the play calling whenever possible.

I think that I often unfairly assume that Brady Hoke and Al Borges are going to be the second comings of Lloyd Carr and Mike Debord-Terry Malone once they get their full system established. Since I carry that concern, I have had this longstanding fear that both men, but Borges in particular, will have trouble making adjustments against an opposing staff that is clearly out coaching them. I know, he went 13-0 at Auburn as an OC. I worry that tonight with Borges' new offense rolling out and Gardner in at QB Notre Dame is going to exploit Gardner's weakness to eaisly, while Borges' neglects to play to his strengths. I may be unfounded in my concerns and as I said, unfairly linking Hoke and Borges to the past, I just hope they prove that I am indeed completely incorrect.

I'm going to take Notre Dame 28 - Michigan 17.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

Early 3rd down for the defense...

And Michigan with the stuff! Good penetration there. ND will punt.

Gardner looking composed with heavy pressure. Double reverse gets another 12 yard pickup. Michigan moving the football.

Michigan's OL is getting manhandled early on. FG is up and it is...good. Gibbons with a new Michigan record, 15 straight made FGs.

Gibbons hits the field goal. 3-0 Michigan.

Going to be tough running the ball. O-line got beat inside pretty good that drive.