Shelton

All Time Least Favorite Tiger

Bip Roberts is a great choice because he once heard about Gibson criticizing him for opting out of a World Series game 7 over a mild injury, so what does he do? He threatens Josh Lewin. What a tough guy.

Also I would have to agree on Jeff Weaver too. He and his brother are (or were) both talented, but they are both colossal p***ks. It killed me that he beat us in the World Series. Another time he lost a no hitter when Craig Paquette (who was not really an outfielder) could not come up with a tough play in right field, so Weaver slugged him later that night. I'm sure Craig felt bad enough about not making that play. I too enjoyed that Sweeny (a nice guy) kicked his *** and his teammates did not really come to his defense - that said a lot about Weaver. I love watching Carlos Guillen push Jered's buttons too. That was great.

My friend has a serious hatred for Chad Curtis and Phil Nevin...........kind of scary actually.

Was never a fan of Alex Sanchez. I don't know about his book smarts, but it seemed his baseball IQ put him in the Forest Gump range, without the whimsical music, of course.

I never truly hated Brandon Inge. I think some of the things he said were silly and stupid, (they pitch me like Ruth) but I always appreciated the fact that he always played hard, adapted (eventually after griping) to new positions and was always nice to fans and kids that wanted his autograph. I never hated Higginson either.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for a conversation between you, The Ronz, and Jim Price.

Ha! :laugh:

Besides the obligatory Juan Gonzales hatred it is Carlos Pena for me.

I hated him from the start and never understood all the positive media and fan response that surrounded him.

:alien:

From my perspective, I did not see a positive media and fan response to Pena. Most of the internet Tigers fans seemed to dislike him. Henning grilled him once in an interview like I've seen from a Detroit baseball writer

How did we get to post #37 on this thread before mentioning Higginson?

I think I might agree.

We'd be great friends as long as we stayed away from the politics :)

This one is easy for me its Willie Horton as a young kid I had a run in with him with over an autograph at Tiger stadium. From that day on I have no use for that bum. I hate that the Tigers retired that bums number.

Willie was always a great guy to me. You must've caught him on a bad day, or maybe you acted like a **** to him?

My least favorite threesome in the batting order has to be Brandon Inge, Gerald Laird, & Adam Everett. Those guys couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper sack.

My least favorite threesome in the batting order has to be Brandon Inge, Gerald Laird, & Adam Everett. Those guys couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper sack.

We were joking about that earlier this year. This year's team is so much better than the 2009 version. Nothing in the lineup to compare to that.

We were joking about that earlier this year. This year's team is so much better than the 2009 version. Nothing in the lineup to compare to that.

This year's team is better overall, but the defense was a lot better in 2009. That's why I'm happy to see Iglesias replace Peralta giving them more balance between offense/defense.

Craig Paquette. My hatred stems from him being a ***ck to a bunch of kids at a Catholic Charities/Cardinals event when I lived in STL.

1960's - Dennis Dale McLain

1970's - Gary Sutherland, Pedro Garcia

1980's - Enos Cabell, Mike Ivie

1990's - Rob Deer, Karim Garcia

2000's - Brandon Inge, Gary Sheffield, Gary "Gas Can" Glover

2010's - Brandon Inge

Craig Paquette. My hatred stems from him being a ***ck to a bunch of kids at a Catholic Charities/Cardinals event when I lived in STL.

Maybe he knew they were Cardinals fans. ;)

Corky,

You aren't going to mention Gregg Jeffries?

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

5y8ubuge.jpg

I've had a hard time coming up with names, just because even though I may not like a player now - I always rooted for them when they wore the D.

I guess my criteria wouldn't be as much about how they played as how they handled themselves, on or off the field. Using that, I'd probably put McLain on top of the list, because I think he embarrassed the organization.

Kyle Farnsworth also comes to mind, `cuz he came off as whiny.