Deadshot

I'm working on a signed 1972-73 Topps basketball set (some Pistons)

Right now I'm at 123/264, or 47% complete. There are some tough names in here that I don't ever see myself getting (Maravich, Pete Cross, Wendell Ladner, etc), but its a fun little project. This is a combination of in-person successes, TTM, and ebay purchases. Check out the scans in my Photobucket:

1972 Topps Photos by kyerkes98 | Photobucket

Nice work! I meant to comment the first time you posted, but never did. I don't know much about basketball cards, but this is a beautiful looking set. I would imagine putting this set together is a challenge, as I don't think there is as rabid a TTM fanbase for basketball cards, like baseball. Good luck and keep us updated!

Thanks! You're right - vintage baseball has a huge following, but basketball....not so much. I'm not even sure many of these cards were signed in person in the 70's either. I'm slowly tracking more and more down. I even sent to one player in Italy last year.

Great Project. Love that era of basketball card as I am an old (key word "old") ABA honk.

Love the ABA All-Star card of Rick Barry in the midst of executing his well-known underhanded free throws.

Basketball cards are really the best sport to accentuate the hairstyles. And boy are there some good ones in 72-73. Pretty awesome collection. How many of those players from that set are no longer alive? I'm curious to know how much of a battle it is going to be for getting some of those autographed.

I believe there's over 35 cards of players that are deceased. At least a handful have died in the last year, so I'm trying to make a pretty concentrated push to send cards to every player that is still living. Thanks for the compliments!

Added some really big names to my set recently. Including this tough signature:

WiltChamberlain.jpg

And for you Pistons fan, I also added Fred Foster, who passed away in 1985

FredFoster.jpg