Melody

Thanks, Obamacare!

Other than being a bad person who doesn't care about other people, I don't get the point of deliberately increasing health insurance costs for low income and sick people. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scottwood said:

Other than being a bad person who doesn't care about other people, I don't get the point of deliberately increasing health insurance costs for low income and sick people. 

It has Obama’s name attached to it. Sticking it to him matters so much more than the health and well being of the poor and sick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tigerbomb13 said:

It has Obama’s name attached to it. 

This , in a nut-shell, is what Trump policy is.... undo anything with Obama’s name on it, for that reason exclusively.  

Might as well, they won't get around to approving it anyways, too busy gallivanting around on private jetz

Obamacare update. Just enrolled for 2018 and premium went up about 10% again. Still far far better than it was before. I turn 65 the beginning of 2020 so I only need to get through one more enrollment period to get to Medicare. Hopefully, if they do away with it, it'll be a slow phase-out. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

democracy in inaction

The ultimate move in voter suppression.

Well, I don’t know about you, but I didn’t see this one coming down the pipe.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:38 PM, CMRivdog said:

by any measure this is a bad outcome for the public welfare. On the other hand, Trump and the GOP are about to be thrown into the briar patch bigly if millions of middle class americans lose their coverage and will be looking to the White House for leadership to fix it.

Before everyone freaks out, today's ruling was inevitable, but it's also not binding as of today. Obamacare still exists, though obviously it will have to be defended (yet again)

34 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

by any measure this is a bad outcome for the public welfare. On the other hand, Trump and the GOP are about to be thrown into the briar patch bigly if millions of middle class americans lose their coverage and will be looking to the White House for leadership to fix it.

They had eight years to come up with something better. If Obamacare ended up struck down, I have zero confidence in them to come up with anything to clean up the aftermath.

• Thanks 2

If anything this ruling will put Trump and the GOP in a corner to offer a solution for affordable health coverage beyond “the free market will take care of it”...which goes over the electorate like a lead balloon. 

16 hours ago, Euphdude said:

If anything this ruling will put Trump and the GOP in a corner to offer a solution for affordable health coverage beyond “the free market will take care of it”...which goes over the electorate like a lead balloon. 

They had a bunch of Senate candidates who ran and won this year on saying they were all about protecting pre-existing conditions. One of them (Josh Hawley) is a *plaintiff* in the case against Obamacare.

If, for whatever reason, this thing ends up taking down Obamacare, they own it. They own the fallout for it, and they own the consequences if, as has been the case for eight years, they cannot develop a viable replacement.

It is unwise to just repeal Obamacare without some sort of plan in place.  The system we formerly had is no longer there, because of the ACA.   For a few examples, in my state, the high risk pool or the availability of low cost policies that only covered major medical or catastrophic policies.