Melody

Thanks, Obamacare!

I'm frightened for friends and family of mine dealing with pre-existing conditions.... 

.... and they're terrified.  

It WILL be a death sentence for some of them. 

IMG_0496.JPG

Smh... I hope... and actually believe.... this will not work with Murkowski.

Also, I'm seeing a lot on Twitter that this may be unconstitutional.   It would be hilarious if their law got struck down because of this.  Obamacares would then be law again.

I usually don't predict... but here it is.

I think Graham Cassidy becomes the law of the land, sadly.

One last stream of consciousness post...

Something I never woulda predicted I'd post:  Jimmy Kimmell is an American Hero.

I can't swing viewing his show live, and frankly never once have.  I have to work too early.   But... I'll make sure my dvr records him every day into perpetuity.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Probably either 50/50 or 49/51... hoping for the latter. The bill is a train wreck.

18 hours ago, pfife said:

Still think so?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Longgone said:

Still think so?

Nope!!!! Never happier to be wrong!!

I thought for sure he'd vote for his homey's bill.

I guess there's still possibility that RAND flips to support it (seems kinda unlikely given his tweets) or the Alaska buyout works on Murkowski.... haven't heard from Collins yet, but I think the same 3 are probably still not going to vote for it.

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

Nope!!!! Never happier to be wrong!!

I thought for sure he'd vote for his homey's bill.

I guess there's still possibility that RAND flips to support it (seems kinda unlikely given his tweets) or the Alaska buyout works on Murkowski.... haven't heard from Collins yet, but I think the same 3 are probably still not going to vote for it.

Collins sounds about as close to a NO as you can get without officially being a NO.

She needs to just Old Yeller this thing already... 

Now what ticks me off is that they basically tanked the bi-partisan efforts to fix the actual law of the land b/c of this POS bill.  Hopefully they can restart that effort. 

I don't trust Turtle and company until 12:01am on 10/1.... and even then these scandalous bastards may find some way to cheat the rules.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I'm not worried about McCain, tbh. But always worried about Turtle coming up with another path.

McConnell has shown himself to be a skilled tactician, no doubt about it.  But all of it has been in effort to block legislation and nominees, very little in terms of passing legislation.  

The exception would be blowing up the SCOTUS filibuster for Gorsuck 

The GOP should worry. All of this talk about Obamacare? They had 7 years to come up with their own plan. Now they have a week left and expect to push a bill through that will hurt most Americans? I would say the GOP would feel the outrage in the 2018 elections but they have the districts so gerrymandered, they will steal and cheat their way to victory.