Melody

Thanks, Obamacare!

33 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Centrist lawmakers plot bipartisan health care stabilization bill - POLITICO
https://apple.news/AFJBFNmv5QRmog4wtVXTjpA

Sanity.

all I can say is good luck with that in the House. If we didn't have a Speaker whose economics were rooted firmly in the 18th century, I'd like their chances a lot more. McConnell is an evil man, but I don't think he cares much about the content of what the Senate passes.

I don't disagree, but I'm cheered just by the fact that some are talking.  I know. Small potatoes.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

all I can say is good luck with that in the House. If we didn't have a Speaker whose economics were rooted firmly in the 18th century, I'd like their chances a lot more. McConnell is an evil man, but I don't think he cares much about the content of what the Senate passes.

I suspect Ryan will try to quash anything bipartisan behind the scenes before he's on record doing so.  He is pure ideologue.

I'm surprised one of the totally unbiased posters here didn't post this yet 

You don't say. As always, healthcare insurance is not the problem, healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies are. Billing different rates for the same service to different people, is illegal.  Enforce existing laws and require pricing transparency, that will fix a lot of our healthcare issues.

Price Transparency in Medicine Faces Stiff Opposition From Hospitals and Doctors

2 hours ago, pfife said:

I'm surprised one of the totally unbiased posters here didn't post this yet 

Good for those people who now have the option of 1 Obamacare policy provider through the exchange.  Will they have a provider for 2019?

If Trump has his way, there will be zero insurers to choose from under a law he is responsible for upholding. He cares more about "winning" than making sure the citizens he's responsible for have access to health care. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

If Trump has his way, there will be zero insurers to choose from under a law he is responsible for upholding. He cares more about "winning" than making sure the citizens he's responsible for have access to health care. 

Also, there's a huge difference in my mind to "letting Obamacare fail" (which it actually ISN'T), and actively doing things that CAUSES it to.  Trump is crossing that line, because he's only interested in "winning".

Lock him up.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ballmich said:

You don't say. As always, healthcare insurance is not the problem, healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies are. Billing different rates for the same service to different people, is illegal.  Enforce existing laws and require pricing transparency, that will fix a lot of our healthcare issues.

Price Transparency in Medicine Faces Stiff Opposition From Hospitals and Doctors

Doctors and hospitals don't have any say in it as long as theyre generating claims for insurance.  Insurance companies tell you how much something is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ballmich said:

Good for those people who now have the option of 1 Obamacare policy provider through the exchange.  Will they have a provider for 2019?

They should live near a provider if they need one, right? 

Unless there is a guarantee of at least one provider for some indeterminate time in the future (time frame to be chosen to make the argument I wish to make, the day I wish to make it), it is not good policy.

Also, if said provider is mandated to provide service by law, that is Marxism.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

Molina knows how it works.

Molina plays the game the right way.  

• Like 1

So it was hot air.  Not that there were ppl here seeing right through that b.s..

There is no doubt that Obamacare works and has taken a lot of stress off of medical providers, especially in rural areas.  Does it have issues?  Of course, this is a large, diverse country.  But the opportunity for folks to get preventative care and screenings now exists pretty much across the board.  

The GOP fascination with gutting Medicaid and flushing it is a a dream never to be realized.  

So technically, premiums aren't rising.  The insurance company still gets about the same amount.

Whodathunkit...

Note biased media nowhere to be found.  They'd be all over this if the president were a Democrat, past years evidence.

I have no doubt that Cassidy understands the bill.   I also have no doubt that he's totally lying about it.

I don't care who "understands" it better - I care about who's lives are going to be completely decimated if they pass it.