hail2mich

GDT: Central Michigan at #17 Michigan 8/31/2013

The offense is troublesome. I don't get the play calling, but it may be just getting Gardner out there throwing out of this offense. He really doesn't have that much experience.

Generally they throw a fairly vanilla offense out there the beginning of the season against the low teams. Next week should have a lot of the book opened up.

I don't miss Denard. Weird.

Nope, Denard was still a product of Rich Rodriguez... an electrifying one-man show against non-elite competition. I think this is the offense that will help Michigan keep up with top-10 teams (as long as the defense does their job).

Nope, Denard was still a product of Rich Rodriguez... an electrifying one-man show against non-elite competition. I think this is the offense that will help Michigan keep up with top-10 teams (as long as the defense does their job).

Agree completely about Denard... IMO though, the defense has looked just as sharp as the offense. Granted, this is CMU, and nearly all of our remaining opponents will have better offenses, but the only points Central has scored came from Gardner mistakes.

I want to see Gardner the whole second half. In my mind, he's got something to prove yet.

I want to see Gardner the whole second half. In my mind, he's got something to prove yet.

I'd like to see a little of Shane Morris... I'd rather him have experience in the CMU, Akron, UConn, and Minny games than throw him to the wolves in the fourth quarter of the Northwestern or Ohio State game... Not to mention how pissed everyone would be if Gardner is injured with a 40+ point lead.

With that said, Hoke could be gambling on Gardner being healthy enough all year and appealing for a redshirt for Morris for this season. If that was the case, he'd want to play him as little as possible.

Morris in. Crappy first pass, great recovery on the second, showing composure to make the pass and take the hit for roughing the passer.

Morris and Green both look pretty good!

Team looks good. Can't wait for The first test of the season.

Odd, the second half looked a lot more like what I expected from the offense the first half.

It's nice to ocassionaly enjoy a game where your not fretting, not yelling and not angry at the team, the coaches and the world. This is what a blowout should look like.

Better play from Gardner.

Other than the first INT where he never took his eyes off the receiver, what else did he do wrong?

Other than the picks, I thought Devin looked decent. Not good, certainly not great, but decent. The thing I liked most was he seemed have good pocket presence. When pressure came he took off, but it looked to me like he took off to find room to throw. Obviously the team will have to cut down the dumb mistakes, & Devin will have to play much better next week - but at least they handled the competition the way they are suppose to.

RB Drake Johnson tore his ACL and will miss the rest of the season. He was #2 on the depth chart, but Michigan is pretty deep at RB this year.

RB Drake Johnson tore his ACL and will miss the rest of the season. He was #2 on the depth chart, but Michigan is pretty deep at RB this year.

How disappointing for Johnson. He was the least heralded coming in of the entire RB group and I'm not sure destined to keep the number 2 spot with the freshmen behind him, but I was anxious to see what he could do.

I've been rewatching the game focusing on the offensive line. After watching a full half I've come to these conclusions. Despite being a walk on Glasgow was good.....quite good. He was quick and strong and moved the pile forward. I was surprised as he wasn't much of a name since last spring. Joe Miller...by far the worst. Either the guy across from Miller was exceptional or Miller just sucks. For comparison sake I looked at the CMU center to see if it was something about center blocking technique I didn't know. But no he acquitted himself quite well until he got owned by Black who beat him inside early in the game. I'm concerned about the center position because the rest of the starting line between the tackles seemed to have their way. Where CMU was able to stop the run was when they stacked the box.