Jump to content

Yoda

Welcome back Bondo!

Recommended Posts

Does this really deserve its own thread? I'm sure there is someone here who can prove that it does not.

Was that a thing of beauty or what? 2 k's, one of Raburn, and a grounder back to himself.

And that slider... wow. I missed that thing.

Anyhow, I felt he deserved his own discussion. Because he is God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the 94, I was taking someone's word for it in the thread since he was still in Seattle at the time and, thus, I wasn't terribly interested. I doubt he was ever really throwing that in Seattle. 90-92 seems to be the range.

Otherwise, I stand by all of those quotes. Of the 9 or so appearances he had in Toledo, I probably watched 4 or 5, each one usually 2 or 3 times. I stand by each of those quotes. There were innings where I did see him flash a plus slider, but it would be like one of four he threw that inning, and the other three were flat and hung belt high. So yeah, if his slider is "25% chance of being plus, 75% chance of being a meatball," I think it's fair to call the pitch garbage as a whole. A fastball that goes straight at 90-92, from the right side, is below-average too, although he was commanding it well so "garbage" was probably an exaggeration.

It's not outlandish at all for a guy who is otherwise MiLB filler to go out and have a nice 3 inning outing. It happens quite often, although usually on worse teams. That said, I was surprised that the swings were so bad in the first inning. From the tape, the biggest difference was that of the 75% of sliders that were being hung, he instead was burying them off the plate. I still don't think they were all good, since I think most hitters would have just laid off, but in those situations guys get lazy, they get aggressive, and he took advantage.

Either way, I'm still of the belief that he lacks enough stuff to succeed for a full year. If he only pitches in mop up and extra inning duty, I probably won't complain often, but that's another story. I hope he proves me wrong, cause I always liked Bondo. But, I don't have high hopes for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does this really deserve its own thread? I'm sure there is someone here who can prove that it does not.

I don't know... have you ever seen Jeremy Bonderman and God in the same roon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.... I doubt he was ever really throwing that in Seattle. 90-92 seems to be the range.

One thing I don't think is in doubt is that the gun at Progressive is hot by at least one, maybe 2 mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it was Average Joe not average nobody. One sounds offensive, the other doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He proved he can get outs at however hard he was throwing last night, which was probably more 92 than 94. Again, he's not going to pitch important innings, and he can't possibly be worse than Ortega or Putkonen by enough to make a difference.

I mean argue about Coke if you want to argue about a reliever who we know absolutely sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, it was Average Joe not average nobody. One sounds offensive, the other doesn't.

Well what I find Joes to be offensive?!?!

I wasn't offended, btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relief seems like a perfect fit for Jeremy at this point. You can limit his exposure to LH hitters, and he doesn't have as

many innings of stress on the elbow. He'll be quite adequate for long and middle relief, as Eric mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...