CapitalTigers

A. Garcia & B. Villarreal for Jose Iglesias (confirmed)

Funny how people say Jose sucks at hitting, Garcia hasn't hit worth a damn in the big's, what makes people think that would have changed. LOVE THE DEAL.

Let's just pretend the minor leagues don't exist.

Tell you what: if Iglesias can be Ozzie Smith lite, with a bat developing around age 30 like it did for Ozzie, this could end up being one of the best trades in Tiger history. This assumes he is the 80 glove that scouts graded him at.

Matt Sussman ‏@suss2hyphens 2m

Dave Dombrowski drives through Arby's drive thru. "I don't want anything." Speeds out of Arby's with car full of apple turnovers

I lol'd

He can't hit. He's never hit in the minors and his hitting this year is a BABIP mirage.

That said he's a very good defensive SS and I'm a big doubter of Garcia ever being anything more than a 4th outfielder so this seems like a pretty good deal.

I mean, to be fair you could normalize his BABIP and his OPS would still be low .700s. That's pretty damn solid for his glove. Even if he's in the .650 range, he could easily be a 3 win SS annually

I'm going to post my response to the trade here too

Wow, I'm very surprised at the overwhelming reactions to this trade. I saw this trade and immediately thought, that's all we gave up? Iglesias can't hit much, but he's a stud defender and under control for 5 more years after this one. I would never think twice about giving up Garcia and Villareal for a young, cost controlled starting SS. With Miggy likely to be our 3B for at least a couple more year, I'm cool with a defensive oriented guy playing next to him. Garcia is highly fungible IMO. Nice to have around, but nothing that will make or break us. I don't think he was the solution this year and I don't think he'll be difficult to replace going forward. Iglesias OTOH, I don't see a lot of guys like him that we could have acquired too easily.

Let's just pretend the minor leagues don't exist.

I don't care what a player does for the "minor league club" Garcia has played average at best for the Detroit Tigers. It seems like people think we just traded the seconded coming of Miguel Cabrera.

Errrr I didn't have sound on, the song is not safe for work....

WOW! That kid is smooth. And I LOVE that he gets his throws up rather than pounding them into the dirt. Prince just got better too.

Errrr I didn't have sound on, the song is not safe for work....

I actually giggled in spots on this video. If we don't mind the guy hitting like a good hitting pitcher, we're gonna like this guy on our team.

I don't care what a player does for the "minor league club" Garcia has played average at best for the Detroit Tigers. It seems like people think we just traded the seconded coming of Miguel Cabrera.

You act as if they're equal offensively. Look at their minor league numbers and you'll see a huge difference. I like the trade but I'm not just going to close my eyes and pretend Garcia will never hit.

After watching Iglesias' highlights, Jhonny couldn't make those fielding plays in his dreams.

I read the deal is being held up by Boston waiting on Peavy's medical records.

I had read earlier that Detroit was also sending a pitcher to the WSox.

I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there's an official trade done.

I don't like Boston getting better pitching and I don't like Chicago getting Garcia.

But.....IF Peralta is going to get suspended, I guess we'll have to live with it.

57 games left, including a day game tomorrow. I don't see Peralta coming back with a week left in the season heading into the playoffs. And that's if the suspension were to start tomorrow. At the rate MLB is going, it may be another 7 to 10 days before we hear anything.

So I wonder if Iglesias comes right to Detroit or goes to Toledo until Peralta is suspended?

For July he is hitting .200/.244/.213 so it wouldn't be the worst thing for him to get some work in at Toledo since they really don't need him in Detroit until/if Peralta is suspended.

There's no reason Iglesias can't be a similar player to someone like B.Crawford, Aybar or Andrus. At worst he's prime Brendan Ryan.

I read the deal is being held up by Boston waiting on Peavy's medical records.

I had read earlier that Detroit was also sending a pitcher to the WSox.

I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there's an official trade done.

I don't like Boston getting better pitching and I don't like Chicago getting Garcia.

But.....IF Peralta is going to get suspended, I guess we'll have to live with it.

57 games left, including a day game tomorrow. I don't see Peralta coming back with a week left in the season heading into the playoffs. And that's if the suspension were to start tomorrow. At the rate MLB is going, it may be another 7 to 10 days before we hear anything.

Detroit Tigers ‏@tigers 1m

OFFICIAL: The #Tigers have acquired infielder Jose Iglesias in exchange for Avisail Garcia and Brayan Villarreal.

You act as if they're equal offensively. Look at their minor league numbers and you'll see a huge difference. I like the trade but I'm not just going to close my eyes and pretend Garcia will never hit.

There is a big difference, this year Jose will help Detroit more than Garcia will/could, Exp if the Tigers call up Nick Castellanos, no place for Garcia. What i know for sure is Jose will bring GREAT defense to the SS position.

One of the Boston guys says the move for us could be like when the O. Cabrera in 04 as the team needed defensive help.

My favorite part of the video was when he made a leaping catch of a liner while with the PawSox, then nonchalantly flipped it underhand to the 3B. That's the kind of cool I like.

It seems like people think we just traded the seconded coming of Miguel Cabrera.

This always happens when the hometown team trades away a younger guy.

Now, I would have liked to keep Garcia. But I don't see this star potential whatsoever with him either.