CapitalTigers

A. Garcia & B. Villarreal for Jose Iglesias (confirmed)

Really don't like this one on the surface. Stinks that this move had to be made because of Peralta.

It is a bit annoying when on paper it looks like the Tigers are the losers of this trade and we lost Garcia to the White Sox.

Random fact: This is the first trade between the White Sox and Tigers since March 23rd, 1989 (Ken Williams for Eric King)

Knobler likes the deal.

Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 3m

Never understood how Tigers could keep claiming they didn't want to trade for a shortstop. Iglesias is great fit, now and into future.

I wasn't very fond of Garcia. The Tigers were going to have two big holes at SS and 2B and I don't know how much longer Peralta can play SS. Now they can focus on extending Infante.

I hate the White Sox and hate that Garcia is headed there.

We're certainly going to see a lot of him in the next 60 days.

I hope he is as good defensively as advertised. Alcides Escobar level defense (or close) would be very nice!

From the little I've seen of his defense it is pretty good. I like that he's under team control for a while.

I hope he is as good defensively as advertised. Alcides Escobar level defense (or close) would be very nice!

Everything I'm reading says his defense is superb. He also put on 35 pounds this year and helped his hitting.

Porcello just got better.

Could a mod update the thread title?

Yaaaaahhhhhs, it is done, ahem, ahem.....

Really don't like this one on the surface. Stinks that this move had to be made because of Peralta.

It is a bit annoying when on paper it looks like the Tigers are the losers of this trade and we lost Garcia to the White Sox.

Why do you think the Tigers lost the trade? I think you are overrating Garcia.

No matter how you feel Iglesias will do long term, just think that even now he's probably better than Santiago and Kelly and just sleep a little easier tonight....

I love this deal. I've been wanting the Tigers to get a great defensive shortstop for a long time and they got him. His batting line this year is a fluke, but he's still young and some of the improvement could be real. He won't hit for power, but he won't necessarily be the next Adam Everett.

Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo 1m

Detroit RHP Brayan Villarreal may also be in this three-way Peavy deal

First of all, stop calling him Inglasias.

Secondly, ESPN is reporting this as part of a Peavy to Boston trade.

Disagree. He'll hit for average plus.

Bias is fun to cloud judgement. Minor league stats & scouting say otherwise, and they tend to be correct. He is all glove and very little bat.

OK, with all the speculation on whom the Tigers might acquire at the deadline, who picked these 2 guys?

Nobody.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DD plays it close to the vest. Never know what he's going to pull off.

Is the Peralta suspension official? If so, we've probably seen the last of him in Detroit.

Why do you think the Tigers lost the trade? I think you are overrating Garcia.

White Sox dumped Peavy and his contract for Avisail Garcia

Red Sox are a playoff team that just added a solid starter for a struggling middle infielder

Tigers added the struggling middle infielder and traded one of their better prospects to a division rival

Hard time seeing the silver lining here

Just because Garcia is one of the Tigers better prospects doesn't mean he's a good prospect. He just one of the best of a poor system.

OK, with all the speculation on whom the Tigers might acquire at the deadline, who picked these 2 guys?

Nobody.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DD plays it close to the vest. Never know what he's going to pull off.

Is the Peralta suspension official? If so, we've probably seen the last of him in Detroit.

No but this trade speaks volumes. Should be coming down any day now.

Nobody.

I'd be shocked if Detroit is in playoff contention and Peralta isn't brought back.

Now, next year...yeah..he's gone

Just because Garcia is one of the Tigers better prospects doesn't mean he's a good prospect. He just one of the best of a poor system.

He's a 240 lb'er who can run, throw, and hit. He's a very unique prospect, if not "good".