CapitalTigers

A. Garcia & B. Villarreal for Jose Iglesias (confirmed)

I love Garcia but Inglesias sounds like a really good defensive SS and is hitting pretty well too. .330/.377/.410 (.787)

He's 23 yrs old.

Yah...he's been slumping recently, but we could have found our shortstop of the future. Not to mention Nick Castellanos should be a September call up making Avi dispensable.

Does this mean Iglesias is the SS of the future? It would help to extend Cabrera and Scherzer if they can save anywhere they can. SS is the one position I would sacrifice offense for defense.

I love Garcia but Inglesias sounds like a really good defensive SS and is hitting pretty well too. .330/.377/.410 (.787)

He's 23 yrs old.

Right, so I'm confused, I know little about Iglesias except his fielding, but his batting stats and age look nice. Yet a couple posters on other thread were saying he's all glove, no hit?

Right, so I'm confused, I know little about Iglesias except his fielding, but his batting stats and age look nice. Yet a couple posters on other thread were saying he's all glove, no hit?

2012 he didn't hit, but he's turned that around and figured it out. Kid could be a star.

2012 he didn't hit, but he's turned that around and figured it out. Kid could be a star.

Not really. He's an average hitter, at best.

Porcello just got better.

Could a mod update the thread title?

He hit will up through AA and then struggled in AAA. Maybe now he has put it together? He was at one time ranked as high as 53 by Baseball America.

Iglesias's hitting is the beneficiary of a .377 BABIP. His line at AAA over 700 ABs is .251/.302/.287. That's probably a lot closer to reality.

If that's the shortstop of the future, then we must be completely punting on offense at the position and going all in on D. I'm not saying that's the wrong thing to do because if there's one thing we have in spades, it's hitting--at least today.

As far as I can tell, he projects to be Ramon Santiago with a glove. It had better be an elite glove.

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm 1m

Tigers acquiring Jose Squared (Iglesias& Veras) they solve two biggest needs;when they finally promote Castellano to LF they'll be ready OCT

Looking at his minor league stats it would appear that he doesn't have much of a bat and was most recently slumping with the Red Sox (hitting .200 in July).

I'm really disappointed to lose Garcia. Hopefully Iglesias makes me forget that. For now I'm just angry at Peralta.

Maybe. Maybe not.

But if this trade sticks, we just upgraded our defense and found Peralta's replacement for this year and beyond.

I like the deal. We had a surplus of OF's and have now used 2 of them to fill a short term need and a long term need.

Looking at his minor league stats it would appear that he doesn't have much of a bat and was most recently slumping with the Red Sox (hitting .200 in July).

I'm really disappointed to lose Garcia. Hopefully Iglesias makes me forget that. For now I'm just angry at Peralta.

Inglesias immediately (as Yoda said) makes Ricky and Doug better.

Inglesias immediately (as Yoda said) makes Ricky and Doug better.

This I like.

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes

Iglesias to Tigers, 2 or 3 lesser prospects to White Sox, Det OF Avisal Garcia to White Sox, pitcher from Det also coming to Boston

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes

Iglesias to Tigers, 2 or 3 lesser prospects to White Sox, Det OF Avisal Garcia to White Sox, pitcher from Det also coming to Boston

Putkonen?