Yoda

Is Peralta about to be suspended? Backup plan?

I don't mean in terms of potential to win but more about the attitude and excitement towards the team around town. It would be a huge embarassment for the franchise. Ticket sales wouldn't suffer as most are probably already sold for the year but it could affect actual attendance. Especially with the Lions starting up. Detroit likes it's stars and likes to latch on to them. PED use by Cabrera would mean he would not be resigned after his current contract expires. He'd be viewed as a dog and cheater, probably booed next year after every out.

They might give him the Barry Bonds treatment where the home town crowds supports him as long as he keeps on producing while everyone else hates him.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 3m

Among players accepting 50-game suspensions: #Rangers’ Cruz, #Tigers’ Peralta, #Phlllies’ Bastardo, #Mets’ Valdespin, #Padres’ Cabrera.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m

Colon, Grandal, Melky get no additional discipline. No violations found for #Nationals’ Gio Gonzalez. #Orioles’ Valencia. They are clear.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 13s

Also suspended: #Yankees’ Cervelli, #Mariners’ Montero, #Mets’ Puello, #Astros’ Escalona, #Padres’ De Los Santos, #Yankees’ F. Martinez.

Wow, this turned out to be quite the successful troll.

It got less than 10 replies. You're no JBK.

A player not mentioned that could be on PEDs is Chris Davis. If you think Cabrera is possibly on PEDs then you need to look at Chris Davis because his numbers have been amazing compared to the rest of his career. Cabrera has consistently put up amazing numbers and Chris Davis has not.

LOL: Does this mean he hasn't earned his secret decoder ring: LOL

Still going!

OK I give you Henning status, but that's all. Jake laughs at the likes of you.

I still often get confused with this troll business. I keep hearing people asking for lists on who is in the clique...I continue to ask what a troll is supposed to be and never get a response.

If trolling is posting honest opinions ALL the time with a smattering of nerd rage, then consider me guilty.

I still often get confused with this troll business. I keep hearing people asking for lists on who is in the clique...I continue to ask what a troll is supposed to be and never get a response.

If trolling is posting honest opinions ALL the time with a smattering of nerd rage, then consider me guilty.

The classic "OH SHUCKS" Defense

Wow, this turned out to be quite the successful troll.

It would have been better if you started a new thread about it.

And somehow brought WAR into the discussion.

It would have required a roster move, so a new thread was warrented!

Cheating has always been rampant in baseball among stars and nonstars. It was no worse in the "steroid era" than previous eras. They used to use greenies like it was candy all the way to at least the 60s. They also used spitballs, corked bats, etc. And steroids werearound way before the so called steroids era.

I remember reading about a number of methods of cheating (or at least skirting of the rules) since almost the very beginning of the game.

When Connie Mack was catching for the Pirates in the final six years of his playing career, IIRC, Circa 1890-1896 , he would take baseballs and put them in a container filled with ice that he had obtained from an ice truck earlier in the day. The balls would be rock hard at game time and he would substittue the doctored balls for the game ball later.

Given how long balls were kept in the game during this eara, I don't know how long this would be successful though. No doubt he would have had to doctor them with tobacco juice as well to make them fit in.

This whole episode is chronicled in one of the books on the Philadephia A's that was published roughly 1958 or so.

And now of course the questions:

-- do the suspensions begin immediately (i.e. today)?

-- will players coming off suspension in October be eligible for the playoffs?

And now of course the questions:

-- do the suspensions begin immediately (i.e. today)?

-- will players coming off suspension in October be eligible for the playoffs?

You need a twitter. :)

It would definitely hurt on many levels, but it wouldn't take them back to 2005. Not with their pitching staff.

Of course if the pitching staff is dirty......