Yoda

Is Peralta about to be suspended? Backup plan?

Major League Baseball might suspend 20 players, including Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun as part of Miami investigation - ESPN

Major League Baseball will seek to suspend about 20 players connected to the Miami-area clinic at the heart of an ongoing performance-enhancing drug scandal, including Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun, possibly within the next few weeks, "Outside the Lines" has learned. If the suspensions are upheld, the performance-enhancing drug scandal would be the largest in American sports history.

Tony Bosch, founder of the now-shuttered Biogenesis of America, reached an agreement this week to cooperate with MLB's investigation, two sources told "Outside the Lines," giving MLB the ammunition officials believe they need to suspend the players.

One source familiar with the case said the commissioner's office might seek 100-game suspensions for Rodriguez, Braun and other players, the penalty for a second doping offense. The argument, the source said, is that the players' connection to Bosch constitutes one offense, and previous statements to MLB officials denying any such connection or the use of PEDs constitute another. Bosch and his attorneys did not return several calls. MLB officials refused to comment when reached Tuesday.

Peralta was one of the names originally in the report, though it didn't say what the connection was.

I'm officially nervous. What do they do in this situation? Worth certainly isn't a viable option, nor is Santiago.

Didn't Tui used to play the IF? If it does become the case in the next few weeks, I think you have to go with someone that can play defense and install them in the #9 hole.

ESPN is saying the players can play while going through the appeal process, "which can take several months".

Report: MLB preparing suspensions for Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, others for Biogenesis link | SI Wire

Major League Baseball is preparing to suspend New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun and others connected to Biogenesis clinic in Miami, reports ESPN.com.

The report also states that as many as 20 other players will also be suspended because of their connection with the clinic. Biogenesis founder Tony Bosch agreed to cooperate with investigators from MLB after months of trying to verify if the players received performance-enhancing drugs from Bosch. Investigators have had records for more than a month that named the players.

Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera, Oakland Athletics pitcher Bartolo Colon and San Diego Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal have all received 50-game suspensions for failing PED tests and all had reported connections with Bosch.

Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Seattle Mariners minor league catcher Jesus Montero, and Detroit Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta are also being looked at for possible suspensions.

It is disconcerting when a lot of the guys linked to the clinic (Braun, Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera) are known users previously. Apparently this clinic attracts steroid users so what else would Peralta be doing there? However, what grounds would MLB have to suspend Peralta with a positive test? I don't think guilt by association is fair.

Peralta getting suspended and Worth taking over would be a Lynn Henning wet dream.

Even though they say Gio only got legal stuff there, it still sounds fishy. Why go to some rinky dink strip mall place for legal stuff? So he was the only one that went there for legit reasons?

uh huh.

Hopefully the Tigers do the right thing and get rid of the POS cheater.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Why wouldn't I be serious? The guy is a cheater and needs to go.

Half the team has probably cheated. Most of MLB has. Hate to be the barer of bad news...

It hasn't even been proven Peralta "cheated" either. I have my doubts that he's clean but I can't say he's guilty without some reasonable proof.

Also, we don't even know if Peralta cheated yet. So far, it's just a rumor.

Eh, we are kind of past the point of no return it seems. I think its safe to say its more than a rumor at this point.

Eh, we are kind of past the point of no return it seems. I think its safe to say its more than a rumor at this point.

When the Mitchell Report came out, there were a lot of players listed ahead of time that never showed up on the report. It's safe to say that there will be some suspensions, but we can't be sure about any names.

Half the team has probably cheated. Most of MLB has. Hate to be the barer of bad news...

No proof of that at all. If there is at some point, get rid of them too. Root for a cheater if you want, I won't.

Suarez is probably the best minor league option for the Tigers right now. But I dont think it is for sure Peralta will be suspended. Santiago will probably be the man to replace him if/when it does happen.

Wasn't in 2003 when they did an anonymous drug test, over 100 people tested positive? May not be half but I'm sure all teams were represented.

No proof of that at all. If there is at some point, get rid of them too. Root for a cheater if you want, I won't.

Of course there's no proof. But they did.