hollandspartan

June 2013 Successes

I had a great TTM response from the three (3) former Whitecaps who became Flying Tigers before the 2013 Whitecaps set came out.

Mike Hernandez 2/2

Hudson Randall 2/2

Slade Smith 2/2. He also included a written response to my letter. My son is now a true Slade fan.

All three were sent to Lakeland and back in 7 days!

Dave C.

Received a success from Andy Allanson. This was from a private signing on SCN. Another tough signature scratched off my wantlist.

I recently picked up this 8x10 from Lelands

smith.jpg

BK

So you wre the one who beat me out. CONGRATULATIONS!

From the WhiteCaps game on Friday:

CHARLIE MAXWELL - 5 Tiger books, plus a "mega card" for davidsb (Dave, when he signed the latter, he said, "Never seen this card before!"). I also got an incredible photo signed for my friend Bill.

DAVID DOMBROWSKI - Sweet spot on a baseball (he was at the WhiteCaps game). We joked about being fellow Broncos from

WMU.

From the WhiteCaps game on Friday:

CHARLIE MAXWELL - a "mega card" for davidsb (Dave, when he signed the latter, he said, "Never seen this card before!").

Thanks!! I was a little nervous since he would not sign this almost five years ago:

29404.jpg

Six days and no one has anything to report?

It was an autograph weekend. First went to the ABC Warehouse signing on Sat., where Bryan Pena and Darrin Downs signed two posters for my wife and I. Then went to the Mayo Smith Society Annual Outing, and speaker Craig Monroe signed two books ("The Detroit Tigers" and "Detroit Tigers - Yesterday and Today") over his photo. He also signed my 2006 Tiger Yearbook and 2006 ALCS Program, again over his photo. Monroe and Dave Dombrowski were great speakers and provided great insight to the 2013 Tigers.

At the Sat. night Tiger game I only got Jeff Jones and Phil Coke in my 2013 Tiger Yearbook. Just missed Avisail Garcia. Left the parking lot early since it was a late night game, so maybe would have gotten others had I stayed longer. But what a game it was!

At the Canterbuy Show on Sunday I got a Whitaker, Slaybeck, and Young on a total of 7 items, but only three were for myself. Davidsb, your card is in the mail. Terry, Mike, and Mark, I will deliver your items to you at the next WhiteCap game, unless you want to pick them up at my home. For myself I only got Slaybeck on two cards, and Young on one.

My friend Paul just sent me cards signed by MARCUS THAMES (coach with the Tampa Bay Yankees) and JOSE VALVERDE (when he was in Florida). Thank you, Paul.

Thanks to this site I found out that John Young would be appearing for a show signing. In the mail last night I received my mail order signatures from the show. DavidSB, one will be in the mail to you shortly.