#1Chicago-Blackhawks-Logo111.gif

Saturday, June 1 – Los Angeles at Chicago, 2:00 pm PT, NBCSN

Sunday, June 2 – Los Angeles at Chicago, 5:00 pm PT, NBCSN

Tuesday, June 4 – Chicago at Los Angeles, 6:00 pm PT, NBCSN

Thursday, June 6 – Chicago at Los Angeles, 6:00 pm PT, NBCSN

Saturday, June 8 – Los Angeles at Chicago*, 5:00 pm PT, NBC

Monday, June 10 – Chicago at Los Angeles*, 6:00 pm PT, NBCSN

Wednesday, June 12 – Los Angeles at Chicago*, TBD, NBCSN

It's unfortunate that LS wasn't able to start this thread in the Wings forum so this will have to do.

This series will be a contrast in styles as Chicago's puck possessing offensive juggernaut takes on the only elite defensive team left in the playoffs. Back to back games this weekend will test both of these tired squads.

The Kings are 22-0 in the last two playoffs when scoring just two goals. They have won 14 games in a row at Staples Center and have nearly twice as many hits as Chicago this playoff season. Also of note, Kings head coach Darryl Sutter played his entire 9 year career with the Blackhawks including a 3 year stretch as Captain and was also their head coach in the early 90's.

Kings in 6

Kings-Wings would have been a fun series.

I think the schedule of opening weekend back-to-back games in Chicago favors the Kings. I expect them to get their split.

I think it's a pretty even series. Kings are the defending champs and the ultimate "built for the playoffs" team of warriors, so have every chance to win it. But don't agree with people who think the Hawks will be stomped - the Blues weren't, and the Sharks sure weren't. If the Hawks could ever get to Quick they'd be the clear favorite. I say Hawks in 7 - which judging by my historically poor record of playoff picks, should make Hongbit happy.

Hawks dominate early but need to come from behind for the 2-1 win in Game 1. The Kings' 6 losses these playoffs have all been 2-1 on the road.

I think it's a pretty even series.

If Jonathan Quick. Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane don't do more than they did against the Wings I think Chicago gets trounced and this series is over in 5. If LA can play smart and physical at the same time (no dumb penalties) and Jonathan Quick keeps on rolling I see this series over quickly (pun semi-intended).

Hawks are toying with the Kings. Up 4-1 with 5 minutes to go. Quick pulled. Man, to think the Wings were one home period in Game 6 or one goal in Game 7 from knocking these guys out and advancing.

So much for the sting of 2-1 loses. The boys got curb stomped tonight. Very concerned that the more physical team is being out-physicaled. Chicago is a better version of San Jose that can roll four lies and knows what it takes to win a cup. This is going to be a tough hole to dig out of but this isn't a series until someone wins in the other teams building. I've got hope this series will be knotted when the teams return to Chicago next Saturday.

I think it is safe to say that whoever wins the Kings-Hawks series will play Boston in the Final. Usually cautious about declaring a series over after 2 games, but the Pens have been thumped at home 3-1, 6-0. Haha.

The LA Kings with a big win tonight. I thought they did a good job taking away the middle of the ice and slowing the Blackhawks down. They controlled the game for all three periods and never let it look like things would get away from them.

The Kings do a lot of things right but press conferences ARE NOT one of them. I know that all coaches can't be John Torterella up there but Daryl Sutter is one dry, boring, man of few words. He say's little of substance and talks about as monotonous as you possibly can. If you're the beat writer assigned to cover the Kings for the LA Times or local TV news I don't know how you do it night in and out with this guy at the podium. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Back to playing Kings hockey and it pays off with a solid win. Good to see Matt Greene start to get the legs back and throw the body around. I expected noted King killer Patrick Sharp to play big and Hossa always does but I'm surprised how quiet Kane, Toews, and Stalberg have been this series. Need one more solid defensive effort like that on Thursday.

I will be shocked if Duncan Keith is allowed to play in game 4. Apology or not, that was a vicious play done out of retaliation and he's a repeat offender who was suspended for 5 games last year for a bad elbow on a Sedin.

I will be shocked if Duncan Keith is allowed to play in game 4. Apology or not, that was a vicious play done out of retaliation and he's a repeat offender who was suspended for 5 games last year for a bad elbow on a Sedin.

Keith will play, no doubt in my mind. Why? The below photo shows why. And Keith is at least a rung down from Weber on the superstar ladder. You could pull a Gilbert Arenas in the NHL Playoffs and as long as you're a star in the leagues eyes, you're good.

Shea-Weber-fined-for-hit-Zetterberg-OK-BL19TP5B-x-large.jpg

If you are ever confused about whether or not an NHL player will be suspended just use this handy, clear-cut reference chart...

4093950458_03e4645497_o.gif

Repeat offenders and retalitaory hits always get hit harder. Keith's play qualifies as both. His only saving grace was that Carter came back to play.

If you are ever confused about whether or not an NHL player will be suspended just use this handy, clear-cut reference chart...

4093950458_03e4645497_o.gif

That is awesome.

Hard to see the Kings winning 2 straight road games (plus a home game in between) against a team as good as the Hawks and considering the Kings have only won 1 road game this post-season so far.

I think they still have some fight left in them and maybe being dormie is what they need to get more offense going. The Blackhawks do a tremendous job blocking shots and the Kings need to be better on the cycle in the zone. Too many point shots and not enough passing back to the corner and behind the net to find a better scoring chance.

The good news is the Kings only need to win one road game. Justin Williams will win it on his own if they get to a game 7 :classic:

Kings climb up off the canvas twice tonight so far. Down 2-0 midway through the game and the Hawks on a PP, the Kings score shorthanded then tie it in 3rd. Then after Kane gives Hawks the lead with 4 minutes to go and the Hawks absolute stifle the Kings afterwards, an icing with 14 seconds to go leads to the Kings tying it with 9 seconds to go in regulation. OT coming up!

Edited by lordstanley

As a 7 foot Philadelphia Flyers fan once said:

PUCK DONT LIE!

Obvious trip by Bickell not called leads directly to what was going to be the series winning goal. Hockey gods had other thoughts. Not sure if the boys have another miracle in them tonight but I'm proud they have gone out fighting like champions.