ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

35 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I sincerely believe Christianity in the US today is in at least as bad a shape as Judaism was in Palestine in 30AD.  Completely off the rails. You can still find places where they teach love, grace and truth, but those remnants are no longer in control of the Christian "Message" at it is being received by rest of the nation.

I completely agree G2, and it's getting harder to find churches that focus on the Good News of Christ as opposed to fire, brimstone, and conservative politics from the pulpit.  I've told the story before where I called a LCMS church to ask about their youth programs, and the pastor started talking about liberal this-and-that when I told him I attend an ELCA church.  The Christian church as a whole has lost its way.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I sincerely believe Christianity in the US today is in at least as bad a shape as Judaism was in Palestine in 30AD.  Completely off the rails. You can still find places where they teach love, grace and truth, but those remnants are no longer in control of the Christian "Message" at it is being received by rest of the nation.

Agree.

I would put that 75% WAAAAY lower than that.  MAYBE in the beginning, but I doubt it is even close to that now.

32 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I would put that 75% WAAAAY lower than that.  MAYBE in the beginning, but I doubt it is even close to that now.

I think you wanted to quote the post I was quoting rather than mine that quoted it.

2 hours ago, Euphdude said:

I completely agree G2, and it's getting harder to find churches that focus on the Good News of Christ as opposed to fire, brimstone, and conservative politics from the pulpit.  I've told the story before where I called a LCMS church to ask about their youth programs, and the pastor started talking about liberal this-and-that when I told him I attend an ELCA church.  The Christian church as a whole has lost its way.

The church I serve as pastor focuses on the Good News of Christ. I guess I'm in the minority. Happily.

The hypocrisy of the religious right crowd makes me sick, justifying the very sort of scandals that they'd rail against in the 90's, only because Trump is "their guy." Bullying the weak, the poor, the vulnerable just because you can, just because you need someone to oppose. Mocking your opponents. Validating the worst behavior. This is Trump's legacy.

Whether you are Christian or not, please know this: This has nothing to do with Christ.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think you wanted to quote the post I was quoting rather than mine that quoted it.

I quoted the person I wanted to direct my comment at.

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

I quoted the person I wanted to direct my comment at.

then as that person (apparently) I have to note that  you did it in such a way that the person it was directed to didn't see any connection between what you quoted and what you posted.   Whatever....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I don't doubt that they are. But my opinion stands... these guys who are promoting this theory (and it is JUST a theory) are basing it in speculation that Robert Mueller withheld evidence from Michael Flynn. It's a speculation that, given Mueller's impeccable legal credentials, I highly doubt. But hey, York and McCarthy gotta get the clicks, so it's worth the bandwidth I suppose.

Calling his bluff? LOL. The judge is newly assigned to this case... it very well may be SOP procedure to want to see all evidence entered into a plea deal that is now under his jurisdiction. Even your guys McCarthy and York seem to acknowledge this scenario is likely.

What is really amusing is that Flynn's plea deal is only based on the lying charge, but given his foreign lobbying on behalf of the Turks and Russian connections, his probably pretty far in deep. I'd imagine that he has a pretty good idea of what Mueller has on him, or I don't think he would have plead.

More than one judge says this is unheard of, particularly after a guilty plea has been entered. 

This is the question in my mind...Flynn has already entered a plea. What causes a judge to do this after the guilty plea? Do you think maybe the judge believes he might not be guilty? What other reason is there?

I don't know if Mueller withheld something or had bad evidence given to him. But we're about to find out. 

35 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

cool

"Per NBC"....

He might as well have said "Per Groucho, Harpo, Chico and Zeppo"....

17 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

"Per NBC"....

He might as well have said "Per Groucho, Harpo, Chico and Zeppo"....

From the guy who always provides spurious alt right sources as "evidence".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longgone said:

From the guy who always provides spurious alt right sources as "evidence".

6B94F3A2-6710-4274-9FE7-1D011E3A16D8.gif

32 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

More than one judge says this is unheard of, particularly after a guilty plea has been entered. 

This is the question in my mind...Flynn has already entered a plea. What causes a judge to do this after the guilty plea? Do you think maybe the judge believes he might not be guilty? What other reason is there?

I don't know if Mueller withheld something or had bad evidence given to him. But we're about to find out. 

I'm guessing Pirro and Napolitano.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

cool

He's already in trouble for obstruction of justice. Done deal.

But nothing happens until Dems retake control of House after November.

He'll be impeached for obstruction, but keep his job since the votes won't be there in the Senate. 

Might be impeached for several other issues as well. I hope they attack him with Emoluments and lay his finances bare. Showing again what a scumbag he is. Broadcast to the World his money laundering for the Mafia and Russia... Hey, maybe the Senate will convict him after all... too much embarrassment not to...

COMEY for PRESIDENT: 2020!!!

9 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

He's already in trouble for obstruction of justice. Done deal.

But nothing happens until Dems retake control of House after November.

He'll be impeached for obstruction, but keep his job since the votes won't be there in the Senate. 

Might be impeached for several other issues as well. I hope they attack him with Emoluments and lay his finances bare. Showing again what a scumbag he is. Broadcast to the World his money laundering for the Mafia and Russia... Hey, maybe the Senate will convict him after all... too much embarrassment not to...

COMEY for PRESIDENT: 2020!!!

I'd go for that last item.   Run him on the Bull-Moose ticket. 

The closer Trump gets to knowing the jig is up, the more dangerous it gets for the rest of us.

48 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

I'm guessing Pirro and Napolitano.

damn that was really funny man

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

The closer Trump gets to knowing the jig is up, the more dangerous it gets for the rest of us.

This - unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

C0A909FB-B43E-4AC0-B7E2-C7EE6EDCF58D.gif

7 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

I’m taking Trump approval rating of 40%, doubling that by removing the Democrats from the population, shaving off a few points to assign to rouge non-Republican voters, and giving Trump the rest. That’s how I got to 75%. I could be talked into dropping that to 70%, maybe high 60s at the lowest.

If you have a different number in mind, would love to hear how you got to it. 

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’m taking Trump approval rating of 40%, doubling that by removing the Democrats from the population, shaving off a few points to assign to rouge non-Republican voters, and giving Trump the rest. That’s how I got to 75%. I could be talked into dropping that to 70%, maybe high 60s at the lowest.

If you have a different number in mind, would love to hear how you got to it. 

the "rouge voter" is what? The transvestite who votes for GOP candidates? 

JK...

On 2/19/2018 at 11:48 AM, chasfh said:

This is partly why I believe any effort by old line conservatives like Romney to take back the party is doomed. He might win because it's Utah and he's Mormon, but I think he's an isolated case, not the tip of that spear. Any other traditional conservatives will get clobbered out of their primaries, because probably something like 75% of voters who identify as Republican are Trump supporters.

Did I refer to Romney as an old line conservative taking back the party?

953033EA-D9A0-45CE-83C3-C8A92D8FE6AC.thumb.jpeg.96cc907193d062484f33339f96e2dec1.jpeg

Oops.

Just now, chasfh said:

Did I refer to Romney as an old line conservative taking back the party?

953033EA-D9A0-45CE-83C3-C8A92D8FE6AC.thumb.jpeg.96cc907193d062484f33339f96e2dec1.jpeg

Oops.

Let see how it works in practice.